Options

Help To Setup my Router and Switch

CortexbackCortexback Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just got my 2500's and 1900's switch. I got the Serial to USB in order to use my Console cable. But when I use Putty, my terminal Froze on me and the Os, not start. should I have The Access Server to resolve this issue ? Or try with Win Xp(Virtual).

Thanks,

Fabricio

Comments

• Options
    fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
    You have to choose the proper COM port before connect to a device.
    Are you using this settings?
    Speed: 9600
    Data bits: 8
    Stop bits: 1
    Parity:0
    Flow Control: No
  • Options
    fluk3dfluk3d Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cortexback wrote: »
    I just got my 2500's and 1900's switch. I got the Serial to USB in order to use my Console cable. But when I use Putty, my terminal Froze on me and the Os, not start. should I have The Access Server to resolve this issue ? Or try with Win Xp(Virtual).

Thanks,

Fabricio

Usually with those USB to Serial adapters they require drivers to be installed. I would suggest you open up device manager, and check and ensure the proper COM port is showing up under the appropriate heading and there are no conflicts.

If all appears well try again with Putty or TeraTerm or possibly try changing the COM port settings in the device manager to another free COM port.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fluk3d wrote: »
    Usually with those USB to Serial adapters they require drivers to be installed.
    +1 on this. I had this problem when I received my USB to serial adapter. Look in your device manager to see if it recognizes it.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S