Options

immediate opportunity for systems/network admin available in NC

blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
There are a couple of open positions at my current company for systems/network admins. If you have a mix of any of the following skills, shoot me a PM...

Cisco (wireless, 29xx/45xx/65xx switches, network security), VMware, SQL Server, Active Directory, SAN Administration, Backup/Disaster Recovery

- blargoe
IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
Working on: RHCE/Ansible
Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sounds pretty darn technical :)
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Closer... But not close enough. If someone could post one of these somewhere near where I live in Va!!
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    One person with all listed skills would not be required, but if we could find one with more of a networking slant and one with a Windows Server and applications slant, that would be ideal
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Where in NC?
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    fredmoogiefredmoogie Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    Closer... But not close enough. If someone could post one of these somewhere near where I live in Va!!

where in VA?
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Would it be worth applying if I'm working on my CCNA (ICND1 currently done) and about to have a B.S. in Information Systems or are you guys looking for someone with a bit more real world experience?

Also, as others have said, where in NC is this opening? Charlotte or Greensboro?
  • Options
    fredmoogie wrote: »
    where in VA?
    I live in Hampton. Something around there is fair game like say norfolk, portsmouth, va beach, williamsburg, etc... Thats granted that the pay isn't bad to where I'm spending all my money on gas lol.
  • Options
    MusicITMusicIT Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I live in Hampton. Something around there is fair game like say norfolk, portsmouth, va beach, williamsburg, etc... Thats granted that the pay isn't bad to where I'm spending all my money on gas lol.

CodeBlox are you looking? I am in Suffolk, VA If you are looking what are you looking for?
  • Options
    MusicIT wrote: »
    CodeBlox are you looking? I am in Suffolk, VA If you are looking what are you looking for?
    I'm looking to get off the helpdesk! However, it's the only work experience I have. This is the 7th and a half month that I've been working here in norfolk and frankly, I'm able to do the job, I'm just tired of taking calls like this all day. With the way things work around here, I don't see myself moving up anytime soon. I would love to find a way into networks ( or at least the possibility working my way up).

For what it's worth, I'm ready to take my CCNA exam, I just need to gather up 150 dollars to cover the cost.
  • Options
    MusicITMusicIT Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking to get off the helpdesk! However, it's the only work experience I have. This is the 7th and a half month that I've been working here in norfolk and frankly, I'm able to do the job, I'm just tired of taking calls like this all day. With the way things work around here, I don't see myself moving up anytime soon. I would love to find a way into networks ( or at least the possibility working my way up).

For what it's worth, I'm ready to take my CCNA exam, I just need to gather up 150 dollars to cover the cost.

Do you have a Security Clearance?
  • Options
    I'm indoctrinated at the secret level but have TS eligibility ( based on need to know )
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Wish I was in NC. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    Would it be worth applying if I'm working on my CCNA (ICND1 currently done) and about to have a B.S. in Information Systems or are you guys looking for someone with a bit more real world experience?

Also, as others have said, where in NC is this opening? Charlotte or Greensboro?

I think they would be OK if they found someone with solid experience and one other person to be more junior, but I think more real world experience would be required... sorry
    IT guy since 12/00

• Options
    Charlotte or Greensboro?

Winston-Salem/Greensboro area
    IT guy since 12/00

• Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    blargoe wrote: »
    Winston-Salem/Greensboro area

Oh wow that's awesome I'm finishing up my Information Syst. degree currently at UNCG should be finished by May 2012.

Do you have anyone I could contact with the company to shoot them my resume and/or research the position a bit more? Or are they looking to fill the position ASAP?

If you want to PM me that's fine too...and if you don't think I would be a good fit for the position please simply let me know as my feelings will not be hurt. :)
  • Options
    DustingDuvetDustingDuvet Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's a great opportunity. Thanks for offering it.