Options

What features would you like to see in Ipad 3?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are we talking Hardware or Software features?

Apple updates the iOS each new "iX" hardware. Then the Soft features would apply to most ipads and iphones. Hardware, I miss that RJ45 port thingy.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Are we talking Hardware or Software features?

Apple updates the iOS each new "iX" hardware. Then the Soft features would apply to most ipads and iphones. Hardware, I miss that RJ45 port thingy.

I would love to see MicroSD and maybe some form of common USB. you know....like the rest of the world. lol.

I would really like to see it be a multi-user device with better management too.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    If not multitasking, some kind of CLOSE ALL button so I don't have to manually tap 30apps/tasks my kids opened up.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    a 7in version that i can take anywere in my cargo pants, a mini hdmi port for showing slideshows on a tv, a usb port, sd slot
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Built-in full-drive encryption for flash.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    A damn expansion slot! micro sd or something! lol
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ability to log into the device to provide remote support.....
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    4G LTE. I don't use the data plan on my iPhone much, except to turn on tethering so I can use my iPad to check email, surf, play games, etc. I may as well cut out the middle man and pay for data on the 'ol tablet and go back to a dumb phone. Bonus is my wife would be happy to inherit my 4S! 4G would come in very handy to be able to stream Netflix movies for my kids when we're out and about. Amazing how quickly an episode of Barney calms a pair of toddlers in a restaurant! Although streaming to the iPhone usually means they're fighting over who gets to hold it so they don't stay quiet very long. icon_lol.gif
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't want to see more enterprise features on the iPad. Without some major revamp it's not suitable for enterprise work, however many people attempt to use it as such and *****/whine at the IT guys when they can't do xyz on their iPad.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    rsutton wrote: »
    I don't want to see more enterprise features on the iPad. Without some major revamp it's not suitable for enterprise work, however many people attempt to use it as such and *****/whine at the IT guys when they can't do xyz on their iPad.

A lot of businesses are adapting to the market they are competiting in. The sales force has been leveraging theses with CRM software for a while now. I think it's in IT's best interest to get these up and running.
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    pen input so I can write and draw properly on it.

Then at least a schematic capture app so can do electrical schematics.

A cheaper diagram app would be nice (omnigraffle is to expensive) or a version of viso (or for cloudon add visio - works nicely for word and excel). One note works well.
    Get console works great with the console cable from redpark Get Console - iPhone iPad Serial Cables and Terminal Apps

A larger version would be nice.
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014