Options

Exam set for Feb 7th

steve2012steve2012 Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Been a while since I posted but I thought I woud share that I write 70-680 on Feb 7th. Bin studying for about 2 months, Sybex 70-680 William Panek. I've had good success with those books in the past. I've watched some of the proff messer vids but mainly reading the book 3 times and doing the exercises and practice tests.

There is alot of info and I hope I do well. I have been reading alot on here how people are crashing and burning the first few times and that the exam is a beast! There certainly is alot to remember.

I plan on proceeding with Darrel Gibsons 70-685/86 book when I am done this exam.

Wish me well, I'll be cramin the next 2 weeks!icon_smile.gif

Steve

Comments

• Options
    logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck. I'm hoping to do the same two weeks after you.
  • Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Good luck guys!!icon_study.gif
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    I seem to be having difficulty remembering the command syntax and switches for WAIK, activex, and the deployment tools command prompt. Any tips as to how to help remember or study these strings? I have always been slow to pick up on the CLI of Windows. Any resource links that you think may help me would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve
  • Options
    Joseph HarlessJoseph Harless Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hope this helps.
    Windows 7 Command Line List and Reference
    Good luck and let us know how you do.
  • Options
    Thank you for the reply Joseph.

I took the test today and passed with 790. I studied for three months with Sybex 70-780 Study Guide - William Panek. Read it cover to cover 3 times, did all excercises 3 times. I must say that when I was taking the exam there were questions that I felt were not explored properly, or in depth enough in this book to prepare me for those questions. About 4 weeks ago, I looked to see if Sybex had come out with another edition of the book and they had, around late Sept/Oct. (I had already purchased my book in October-First issue).

The second edition had an extra 100+ pages in it, and I can only imagine that they have updated the information required for this Certification. I used some of Prof Mess vids that are free in the last 3 weeks to augment my studies. I plan to continue studying for my MCITP, either 685/686 and I have followed the advise of this forum and picked up Darril Gibson Win 7 Desktop support/Admin-Real world skills. I hope that there is considerable overlap that will assist me in picking up the pieces that I feel I missed, or were left out of the first edition of the Sybex 680 book.

Also, can I module through the chapters that cover only 686 without reading the 685 sections and expect to be ok? Or would I be better off reading the whole book then focusing on either 685/686?

Thanks
  • Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Congrats!! Windows 7 was a beast!!

Darril Gibson is always a good read, no matter the subject matter.
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup: