Options

ICND2 passed!!

MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed my ICND2 exam and am very very pleased with this although it was hard and I just managed to complete the last question with a little under 90 seconds left on the clock. At one point I was on question 22 and then when I glanced at the clock it said 35 minutes left. I really got a move on and actually rushed through the rest. I would say that I did find these harder than the Boson ex sim max 640-816 questions.
I scored 888 which surprised me. In fact passing the exam was a big surprise. I am very new to networking and so it take me nearly 4 months of study.

The resources I used were
Train signal videos
Chris Bryant's ICND2 study guide
CBT Nuggets
Aaron B's router alley guide
Lots and lots of practice and I created my own scenarios and flash cards
My own notes which I had a lot of

I also had Wendell Odom's pretentious ICND2 3rd edition official cert guide but after reading a couple of chapters I gave up with it. His explanations are poor to say the least. I found his book a hinderence rather than a help. Kept falling asleep reading it and to be honest you don't need his guide to pass this exam. I've never read a book where the author finds it hard to get to the point. It's like he takes the most circuitous route to the explanation and when finally when I read it, it felt very uninformative. The questions in his book seem more levelled at misleading a person and it annoyed me that his answers were wrong in the back in some cases. The diagram labelling was a mess and although he did clear this up in the 2nd print it makes you wonder why cisco press continually release this book with errors. Maybe the proof readers are falling asleep while reading it who knows.lol.I joke of course.I won't be buying another Wendell odom book again.
I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.

Comments

• Options
    drumrolfedrumrolfe Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass! I agree about Odom's material for the ICND2. Thank goodness for Ciora (sp?)!
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Congrats! A new-born CCNA!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your CCNA!! When you go for CCNP, cisco press offers an official certification guide (OCG) and a foundation learning guide (FLG) for each exam. Odom is the author of the ROUTE OCG.. many people prefer the FLG because it goes a little more in depth. I actually have the OCG and let me tell you it is chalked full of errors! They are pretty obvious though, so it didn't affect my learning, but still. Other than that I thought it was a good book in therms of his writing style. Based on your opinions though you should probably snag the ROUTE FLG for the CCNP.

Once again nice job!!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Congrats on the pass! Any advice for those starting CCNA studies in the next month or so?
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    Joshuab009Joshuab009 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!!! Awesome work!!!
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and the CCNA

icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Any advice for those starting CCNA studies in the next month or so?

Hi and thanks a lot!
    My advice would be to get in lots of lab time whether its using Packet tracer or real equipment.When you do this also create your own scenarios such as access lists, WAN networks with frame relay and make sure you can troubleshoot any issues quickly. Everything must be second nature. I would sometimes sabotage my own PT networks then come back to it in a few days after I had forgotten what I sabotaged, and try to fix it.

Taking notes helped and creating my own flash cards on proprofs. Having looked on here before doing the exam I found a lot of people were finding ACLs and WANs hard in the exam, so when I practiced I gave these areas special attention because I didn't want to fall short on it.
    Hope I helped in some way.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats MrXpert!
    ~ Sean