Options

Silicon Valley conspiring to not hire you.

EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
This is interesting...

DOJ Says Apple, Google, Pixar and Intel Conspired to Not Poach Each Other's Employees

Apparently some big names in the industry will not hire you if you're working for some of the other big names in the industry.

I can understand an agreement of "We won't try to steal your people from you", but not hiring someone who applied on their own simply because they work for another company you have an agreement with seems a bit extreme.

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I take just about everything the DOJ says as a lie. So it is hard for me to believe this. Also didn't some of these companies participate in the black out just the other day over sopa/pipa. I wonder how long ago this report came out? Maybe is a smear campaign.
  • Options
    I take just about everything the DOJ says as a lie. So it is hard for me to believe this. Also didn't some of these companies participate in the black out just the other day over sopa/pipa. I wonder how long ago this report came out? Maybe is a smear campaign.

Google was the only one out of these that did, and there participation was rather mild, just a black box over the top of their logo, and if you clicked on it you could sign a petition. None of these other companies had any involvement with it. In fact I think a couple of them may have backed them and NOT opposed them.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Everyone wrote: »
    This is interesting...

DOJ Says Apple, Google, Pixar and Intel Conspired to Not Poach Each Other's Employees

Apparently some big names in the industry will not hire you if you're working for some of the other big names in the industry.

I can understand an agreement of "We won't try to steal your people from you", but not hiring someone who applied on their own simply because they work for another company you have an agreement with seems a bit extreme.

Just apply for jobs and see what happens. One can get too hung up on things.
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    Just apply for jobs and see what happens. One can get too hung up on things.

I'm not on the market, just thought it was an interesting article.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Everyone wrote: »
    I'm not on the market, just thought it was an interesting article.

No worries, it is interesting.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yes very interesting indeed....
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I live in Silicon Valley, so many hot start-ups here, much better places to work than those mega corps.