Options

RIM's Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis are out, and may license their software

longhorn79longhorn79 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
It's about time. RIM has been very complacent. I never understood having 2 CEOs who were also co-chairmen. I think the best opportunity for RIM in the future is to license the BB Enterprise Server to Google, Apple, and/or Microsoft to incorporate into their systems. BB OS is on its way out, and with all the momentum behind Android and iOS it's difficult to see a path forward. Android in particular can use better enterprise e-mail support.
2012/2013 Certification Goals:
ICND1: Work in progress
ICND2: depends on ICND1
70-640 AD: if I have time

Comments

• Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If they would get BES and ActiveSync working on QNX/BBX, they might have a shot at carving out a niche for themselves. As it stands, they took far too long to upgrade what was effectively their late 2008 line of smartphones and came out with a tablet that wasn't ready. They have a lot of cash, but they have to come out with a compelling product to stay afloat. I don't think licensing old tech is going to cut it.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    computer g33kcomputer g33k Member Posts: 149
    ptilsen wrote: »
    If they would get BES and ActiveSync working on QNX/BBX, they might have a shot at carving out a niche for themselves. As it stands, they took far too long to upgrade what was effectively their late 2008 line of smartphones and came out with a tablet that wasn't ready. They have a lot of cash, but they have to come out with a compelling product to stay afloat. I don't think licensing old tech is going to cut it.

I agree, they need to come out with some new products to compete with apple and android. Hopefully the new CEO can shake things up or I see blackberry fading into the mist.
    There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
    Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)