Scheduled the test

jarebhjarebh Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have scheduled my test for Feb. 4th. Looking to pass the first test and then take test two about a week later. Has anyone taken it recently? If so what was the hardest part of the exam. Just want to make sure I'm ready.

Comments

• brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    jarebh wrote: »
    I have scheduled my test for Feb. 4th. Looking to pass the first test and then take test two about a week later. Has anyone taken it recently? If so what was the hardest part of the exam. Just want to make sure I'm ready.

No, but what have you been using to study?
  • jarebhjarebh Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have taken a Linux Fundamentals and Linux System Administration class at my local Juco the last two semesters and I've been reading the LPIC-1 study guide by Sybex. This semester I'm enrolled in a Linux Networking course so I should get a few more class periods of that in before the exam.
  • brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    OK, thanks, and let us know how you do.
  • ronni_linuxronni_linux Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□

What a coincidence I also registered for February 4th for the same exam...Let's share thoughts on that...good luck with the test!!!
    Were you able to find any sample tests? I downloaded that Transcender demo version....but you have to purchase it...
    I just have the sample test that came with the Sybex book. I also downloaded an app from the Android Market that has a little over a hundred sample questions on it. Good luck to you as well sir!
    I just have the sample test that came with the Sybex book. I also downloaded an app from the Android Market that has a little over a hundred sample questions on it. Good luck to you as well sir!
    Do they have that app for iPhone or iPad? Can you share it please? I dont have an Android phone though, thanks
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Do they have that app for iPhone or iPad? Can you share it please? I dont have an Android phone though, thanks

Good luck gents this is a really cool certification!
    Passed both 101 and 102 today. Didn't pass by a lot but it's over and I'm certified. Test wasn't too hard, a lot less fill in the blank questions than I thought there would be. Thankfully no Samba questions either.
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Are you thinking about doing RHCSA/RHCE or LPIC2 next?
    I doubt I'll do the RHCSA or RHCE since they are both so expensive. I'm paying for these certs myself and don't really know if I'll have a use for them, but they are fun and can't hurt anything in the future. I think Security+ is up next. That seems like one that I shouldn't have to study too long for. Although I say that never having looked at the material.
    Passed both 101 and 102 today. Didn't pass by a lot but it's over and I'm certified. Test wasn't too hard, a lot less fill in the blank questions than I thought there would be. Thankfully no Samba questions either.

Did you take both exams on the same day? Good job
  • jarebh wrote: »
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    Did you take both exams on the same day? Good job

Yeah, I had only signed up to take the first one but after I passed I was walking out of the testing center and said WTH and walked back in to sign up for the second test. Glad I did, getting them both out of the way in one trip was a great feeling.
    Do you remember any tricky questions?