Options

New CIPT Exam 642-444

jaleel_ipcjaleel_ipc Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Group,

I just wanted to know is there anyone who attented the new 642-444 CIPT exam recently

I am planning to take the exam soon please advice me like what are the best study materials to go for this exam....

Please advice...

Many Thanks
Abdul Jaleel

Comments

• Options
    tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I attended the MCS boot camp and have been reading the course book. My coworker took both the CIPT I and II courses. The boot camp and CIPT courses contain the same information.

I will be taking the exam shortly.
  • Options
    CIPT is not as difficult as I thought. I read about 7000 pages in the following PDFs. There is so much to know about the callmanager, extended applications and features. You really need to know your route pattern wildcards, exentension mobility, IPMA, AutoAttendant, ICD, SoftPhone, IPCC, CRS/A, BAT/TAPS, AVVID best practices, SAFE best practices, trunks, IP phone services. The world of Cisco IP telephony is huge but you do not need to know everything to pass the CIPT test. If you go to the Cisco Certification site and download the test objectives and the related PDFs (it seems Cisco has a 500-900 page PDF for every topic), then you will do real well. I also recommend having some gatekeepers, 2 IP Phones (7940), Gateways, Analog Phones, CallManagers (3 of them), 2950/3550/3750/3560 (POE is not really that big), and a whole lot of time.

Bulk Administration Tool User Guide.pdf
    CallManager Administration Guide 4.1(3).pdf
    CallManager Features and Services Guide 4.1(3).pdf
    CallManager Security Guide 4.1(3).pdf
    CallManager Serviceability Administration Guide 4.1(3).pdf
    CallManager Serviceability System Guide 4.1(3).pdf
    CallManager System Guide 4.1(3).pdf
    CallManager Troubleshooting Guide 4.1(3).pdf
    multiple-calls-ccm-4.0.pdf
    SRND 4.1.pdf
    safip_wp.pdf
    IPMA.pdf
    BARS Administration Guide.pdf

If you stick with my original guideline that the Cisco student guides from the Cisco courses will have the most relevance on the test then you will be ready only for the test. If you want to know this stuff with a little detail then you should read all of the PDFs above.
  • Options
    KardinalKardinal Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi TunerX!

I am planning to take up CCVP.

1. What are the hirarchical outline of the course?
    2. Hope you could also share your PDFs on me. It would surely help a lot.

Thanks,
  • Options
    You use google with each title minus the .pdf and they should be the first listing.