Options

Where is the demand for cwna in the uk

CwnamanCwnaman Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello
Im studying the CWNA( Certified Wireless Administration) in
UK-London.Wireless appears to be the future but the problem im having is that although wireless technology has exploded all over the world ,

I dont think wireless jobs have not seen any real growth or boom in the Uk.

Im not sure why this is and im asking for advise from you as to why this is?
Do you think this will remain the case in the near future, bearing in mind the recession

What do you think the future might be for wireless in the uk.
Do you think the Uk will go Wireless in the way the Usa and China and other countries have, or do you think the uk will lag behind because of a lack of investment.Or do you just think that companies in the Uk may be relutant to go fully wireless because of the
security dangers and implications.

Also ,Is the CWNA exam good enough to get a good job in wireless, or do you think i would need at least the next level up, a
CWSP (Certified Wireless security professional)

PLEASE ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS THAT I HAVE ASKED ABOVE +PLEASE GIVE ME ANY USEFUL ADVISE ABOUT ANY CAREER TRENDS YOU HAVE NOTICED, GIVEN CURRENT DEMAND THAT YOU KNOW OF
VIV

Comments

• Options
    Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The UK is falling behind compared to other countries in deploying wireless technologies. However, I think this is bound to change because of the high uptake of wireless handheld devices (smartphones & tablets) which is creating demand for better coverage. Mobile providers are increasing 3G coverage to try and cover this demand and BT are also trying to respond by automatically enabling homehubs with Openzone. As a result there are more than 3 million Wifi hotspots in the country from BT alone.

You are right investment is a problem and also note that UK lacks a wireless ISP who can compete with cabled & DSL providers Virgin Media and BT. A wireless ISP would be likely to see uptake in areas where there are no cabled alternatives but I don't the wireless ISP would see a return on investment.

I have not done a CWNA so I wouldn't know what difference it makes. My take on this is that the higher you go (CWSP etc) then your prospects increase.
  • Options
    munomiamalikhan292munomiamalikhan292 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's true that there are not enough jobs available at a moment but for sure this will change in future. Market going through a transit phase where different operators trying to deploy wireless broadband network based on WIFI specifically and few of them using more coverage capabile WIMAX to fill the demand of bandwidth for the mobile users. Though LTE is not that far but demand for WIFI will remain there.

You should carry on with CWNA and progress to the further certification. I would go for CIsco track.