Options

Test booked 2/18/12!

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
It's finally my time to shine. I'm pretty confident that I can pass. I have a pretty decent lab setup right now. Just going through the motions of re-reading, making more notes and reading my notes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to pass with over 900, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Has anyone on here taken their test in Tulsa, OK? Just wondering if it's a very big testing center.
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    angel.oaangel.oa Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck in your exam, you still have plenty of time to work in your weak areas (if you know them)
    Currently reading :study:

Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)
    Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide
    JNCIA - Junos Study Guide - Parts 1 & 2
  • Options
    I think the only area where I feel like I was lacking knowledge was the theory of a network, how packets are assembled how they work through the OSI model, though I've been studying and already fixed where I had a weak area. At the end of each chapter (I'm reading Todd Lammle's book) I'm scoring around 90 - 95% on the quizzes.

I didn't put it in my OP, but I'll be taking the ICND1 exam.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    osJoeosJoe Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I say concentrate on that area, keep going over the OSI model and it's correlation to packets traversing the network and you should have no problem on the test. Good luck on the exam!!
  • Options
    I appreciate the sentiment. The only thing I'm using to study right now is Todd Lammle's book. Is there anything else that you can recommend on using to study? I want to be sure that I know the material inside and out.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I would highly recommend using the CBTNUGGETS Cram Session deal. For $24 per 24 hour period you have access to all of their content (you can buy up to 7 days). I bought 3 days worth for $72 and used it to run through all of the ICND2 videos and the Transcender and Selftest practice exams. I would say that using this gained me a good 100 points and it filled in a number of small holes in my knowledge.

The Boson practice exams are also VERY helpful. They are a little harder than the actual exam, but they are a great fit for the look and feel of the actual exam. You will get a very good feel for what to expect on exam day.

If price is an issue I would probably recommend doing the Boson practice exam in lieu of the CBTNUGGETS.

The exam is not easy, but I found all of the questions to be very fair - there was nothing tricky to it. It was nothing like some of the Microsoft exams I have taken - which try their best to trick you.

Good luck.
  • Options
    fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I scheduled my test way long ago, I believe it's for the 16th. :)

Good luck with the exam!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Money isn't an issue at all. I just won't want to put a lot of money into something in which is the foundation of networking. I did look at the boson practice exams and wow, they're very expensive. I think I'd rather just take the quizzes at the end of each chapter and the practice exam that came on the CD with my book.

All my labbing is done on my equipment: 01.JPG

I'm working through subnetting right now.

I can subnet and find the ranges, just need to be able to do it a lot faster.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    circusmonkey404circusmonkey404 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took my CCENT in Tulsa, It was a little testing center off 51st and Harvard. I don't remember the name of it but it was a small little place. It had like 6 old computers with CRT monitors to take the test on. I got my CCNA in Dallas and that was was also a small room with just 5 or 6 computer.

GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    I took my CCENT in Tulsa, It was a little testing center off 51st and Harvard.

That's the one I'm going to - it's at the community college I believe. I've been to some real crappy testing centers, i just hope their computers can handle the test ;)
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck MAC_Andy!
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Good luck and your lab looks great.

I was expecting to see some more messy cables from the Switches but I remembered that trunking is in ICND2. :D
  • Options
    angel.oaangel.oa Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Money isn't an issue at all. I just won't want to put a lot of money into something in which is the foundation of networking. I did look at the boson practice exams and wow, they're very expensive. I think I'd rather just take the quizzes at the end of each chapter and the practice exam that came on the CD with my book.

All my labbing is done on my equipment: 01.JPG

I'm working through subnetting right now.

I can subnet and find the ranges, just need to be able to do it a lot faster.

nice lab
    Currently reading :study:

Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)
    Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide
    JNCIA - Junos Study Guide - Parts 1 & 2
  • Options
    Well, I unfortunately didn't pass. I got 750. This sucks, but at least I know what I have to work on. I got 50 questions in total. I actually thought I did quite well. I had a bunch of subnetting questions - probably around 15. I don't know why but I completely rushed through the exam, I think of a few questions I read through them too quick and answered them too quick. I completed the exam within 40 minutes. Anyway, below are my percentages.

Describe the operation of data networks: 64%
    Implement a small switched network: 70%
    Implement an IP address scheme and IP services to meet network requirements for a small branch office: 40%
    Implement a small routed network: 67%
    Explain and select appropriate administratrative tasked required for a WLAN 100%
    Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats 100%
    Implement and verify WAN links: 75%

I obviously have a little bit to work on. Any input and suggestions would be much appreciated. Looks like I need to study on subnetting, a lot and the operations of a data network.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Did anything stick out at you? I know a few questions stuck out at me like a sore thumb.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    One thing that did stick out, not sure if I actually got it correct or not, but when packets are passing through routers/switches, the only place where the source and destination MAC addies change, I put down switches, but I think it's actually changed on routers.

Also, I know for a fact that I got at least 2 subnetting questions wrong. I only just got my head around subnetting 100% - i believe i just made a rookie mistake on those.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    Sorry to hear that you didn't pass. Your need to focus more on the top four domains according to your score report. Don't give up, you got this!
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • Options
    cb3dwacb3dwa Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    One thing that did stick out, not sure if I actually got it correct or not, but when packets are passing through routers/switches, the only place where the source and destination MAC addies change, I put down switches, but I think it's actually changed on routers.

Also, I know for a fact that I got at least 2 subnetting questions wrong. I only just got my head around subnetting 100% - i believe i just made a rookie mistake on those.

i would have said routing/network layer for that