Options

No more resumes?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Well resumes can be "fudged," so I can see that side of it. They want to know the "real" you. Not sure if many companies will follow suit, only time will tell.
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    NOLAJ wrote: »
    Well resumes can be "fudged," so I can see that side of it. They want to know the "real" you. Not sure if many companies will follow suit, only time will tell.

I think Geek Squad still has a "survey" type application (2 years ago I applied using their method). I don't think I could even attach a resume to it.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great article.

I recently applied for a position that took my linkedin profile and shot it right into their system. I hit review, cleaned up a few editing errors and then hit finish. It was GREAT!

I'll be honest with you I will not sit there and fill out an application that takes several hours. It's very manually and wasteful. That could potentially be a snapshot into their company. NO THANKS! I also pass on interviews that consist of several interviewers and several hours of time. I am not being reimbursed for that time no thank you. If you can't streamline your business processes/interview processes to 2 hours or less I have no interest in working for you.