Options

Passed CCNA!

4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
Oh man does it feel great! I have poured the majority of my free time into this exam for the past 6 months. It feels good to finally be done with it so I can move on to bigger and better things.

Materials uses:

Packet Tracer
Official Exam Cert Guide (Odom)
CBT Nuggets
CCNA Portable Command Guide
31 Days Before Your CCNA Exam
Techexams.net icon_cool.gif

I have to say though, the exam was really not difficult. I was expecting something much harder. I scored a 931 and had a little over 20 minutes left on the clock. I guess it all comes down to how much you prepare. icon_study.gif
Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

Comments

• Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    Congrats - that's a great score. I had very similar sources for my studying and I also felt the same way about the exam. It was not as hard as I had feared and I thought it was very fair overall. I finished in around 65 minutes and never felt rushed at all - it is all in the preparation.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    Congrats, did you find the cbt nuggets videos useful? I may be using them for CCENT along with Packet Tracer and maybe Boson test. I have taken cisco classes in the past and been studying off and on for years but I feel the videos will b e a big help. Anyway good luck with any future studies.
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    beach5563 wrote: »
    Congrats, did you find the cbt nuggets videos useful? I may be using them for CCENT along with Packet Tracer and maybe Boson test. I have taken cisco classes in the past and been studying off and on for years but I feel the videos will b e a big help. Anyway good luck with any future studies.

Yeah, Jeremy has a really good way of explaining things. He is very easy to understand. However, I don't suggest using the Nuggets without a book to go along with it. Those videos would be better for review, not to learn foundation concepts. I felt that the Cisco Press books written by Wendell Odom were a great resource. They will more than prepare you for the exam. Odom tends to give you more information than you need, and this usually gets your foot in the door for the next exam in line. But that's really how Cisco exams work. Each one kinda leads into the next.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    4_lom wrote: »
    Yeah, Jeremy has a really good way of explaining things. He is very easy to understand. However, I don't suggest using the Nuggets without a book to go along with it. Those videos would be better for review, not to learn foundation concepts. I felt that the Cisco Press books written by Wendell Odom were a great resource. They will more than prepare you for the exam. Odom tends to give you more information than you need, and this usually gets your foot in the door for the next exam in line. But that's really how Cisco exams work. Each one kinda leads into the next.

Ok that sounds good man. I actually have the Sybex CCNA study guide too as well as Packet Tracer. I have to look into the Cisco Press books more. Last time I checked them out was about a year ago. Just trying to decide if Im gonna do the one or two test approach. I was thinking that maybe since i'm laid off may as well do the one test : ). Thanks so much man.
  • Options
    getitngogetitngo Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the certification!
    In Progress:
    Degree in Engineering
  • Options
    apoole15apoole15 Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Excellent job and an excellent score!