Options

Security + vouchers

nycidnycid Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anyone know of a good deal. Looking to book the exam but can't chuck out $275 :)

Comments

• Options
    ebay had one for $190 I bought it... Scheduled for the 4th!
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Good catch.

A word of warning though. I do know of some people that have purchased vouchers that turned out to be bogus. The voucher is just a number and when they tried to use it they were told that it wasn't valid. There are several companies that do occassionally sell vouchers at discount prices because they are about to expire so it is possible to get a deal. If you've already scheduled the exam with the voucher, it must be good and it sounds like you got a good deal.

Good luck on the exam.

Darril Gibson
  • Options
    charlesc09charlesc09 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I honestly gotta look into it myself. I'm tired of paying overpaid exams.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    charlesc09 wrote: »
    I honestly gotta look into it myself. I'm tired of paying overpaid exams.

I have purchased many vouchers from this site (http://www.getcertify4less.com) without any problems. This page (Discount Security+ Certification Test Vouchers from GetCertify4Less.com) shows a voucher available today for $236. Not as good as $190, but still better than full retail.

Darril Gibson
  • Options
    Gholden85Gholden85 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This probably would not apply to you, but it might help some out there. I just found out there is a pretty good discount if you work for the Department of Defense (or basically are military). I'm planning on taking the Sec+ soon, so I'm going to buy it from them. In order to purchase it with this discount, you have to order using the Americas form, and I guess Identify that you want one of these specific ones (or I identify that you are a DoD member).

This is what they sent me by email on a PDF from Pearson VUE Voucher Store <pearsonvuevoucherstore@Pearson.com>:

CompTIA Vouchers
    (with Department of Defense Membership Discount)

2012 pricing effective until December 31st 2012
    CompTIA A+ Domestic $133.00 USD
    CompTIA Network + Domestic $190.00 USD
    CompTIA Security + Domestic $207.00 USD

Voucher Terms

Vouchers expire 12 months from the date they are issued. The exam must be
    taken by expiration date printed on the voucher, expiration dates cannot be extended.

Domestic vouchers are valid in United States, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands,
    DANTES Education Centers and military bases worldwide only

Vouchers can only be used at Pearson VUE test centers.

CompTIA vouchers are exam-specific for each CompTIA certification program

Two A+ vouchers are required to complete the CompTIA A+ certification
    requirements
  • Options
    charlesc09charlesc09 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Darril wrote: »
    I have purchased many vouchers from this site (http://www.getcertify4less.com) without any problems. This page (Discount Security+ Certification Test Vouchers from GetCertify4Less.com) shows a voucher available today for $236. Not as good as $190, but still better than full retail.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
    Security+ Tip Of Day

Thanks Darril! I actually have one more issue too. Since I am from Canada, and CompTIA exams are US. I also have to pay a conversion rate which adds up too. I paid 30 bucks extra on top of the original USD rate for the Net+ exam when I tooked.
  • Options
    well scheduled for the 22th now... On call rotation was swapped and I did not want the added pressure while taking the exam....

Voucher was good btw :)