Passed a+...what next?

JayDynamiteJayDynamite Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello mates,

Passed my A+ essentials and practical applications exams yesterday. Anyone have any ideas on what I should go for next?

Comments

• alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    where do you want to end up ?

network+
    security+
    linux+
    ccent/ccna
    ms certs

???
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If you're just starting out in IT and want to get a well-rounded foundation of knowledge, I'd say Network+ should be next on your list, followed possibly by Linux+ and then Security+. If you have a particular goal, like working with Windows Server or Cisco routers & switches, then going for a vendor-specific cert instead is a good idea.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass.

I agree with Slowhand that Network+ is a logicall next step. Many people consider the A+, Network+, and Security+ as a good foundation in IT. In addition to helping you understand many of the basics, it also gives you an opportunity to identify what you enjoy the most. You can then expand into topics you enjoy.
  • JayDynamiteJayDynamite Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the input. I just ordered my N10-005 study material. I plan on taking the exam at the end of March.
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd go with Network + next.
  • E.SE.S Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, How long(months) did it take you to finnish your A+ and what are the best books for it? Assistance PLS!
  • JayDynamiteJayDynamite Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It took me 45 days and thats with a full-time job non IT related. I used CompTIA A+ Cert Guide 220-701/702 by Soper Mueller and Prowise second edition.