Options

CCENT passed!!

kast1kast1 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the CCENT exam yesterday with 874. I have been studying it for quite a while, on and off because of school and work. The material I use to study the exam consists of Sybex CCENT study guide by Todd Lammle, Official Cert Guide by Wendell Odom, and CBT Nuggets. I did tons of practice labs through GNS3. At work, I would read up on tech exam forum and multitask doing some tech exam quizzes. Also, I used some subnetting question website for random subnetting off the top of my head. I did find fellow member altjx notes to be helpful to study on the go. However, this time I will be aiming to making my own notes.

Other than that, I am starting on my studies for ICND2. My goal this time is within 2 months, end of March 2012. The material for my studies will be only Todd Lammle CCNA 7th and CBT nugget videos.

I found that with too many materials to study, I was jumping all around, left and right. So to stay organize for ICND2, I will just focus on completing one book and one video course. I hope these two materials will be enough for the ICND2 exam.

By the way, during my examination there was a power outage. That made me lose my focus and I was worried about having to retake the entire exam over again. I was nearly 3/4 done with the exam. Luckily, the when the exam restarted, it left me off at my latest question. Overall, taking the exam was fun and I am eager to take my next exam.

Comments

• Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!

That was lucky with the power outage
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • Options
    angel.oaangel.oa Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with the icnd2
    Currently reading :study:

Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)
    Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide
    JNCIA - Junos Study Guide - Parts 1 & 2
  • Options
    SubnetZeroSubnetZero Member Posts: 124
    Congrats mate!

While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, several electrons were severely inconvenienced
    :cool:
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    two months time is short. There's a lot of information without the ICND2 that made ICND1 look like a cake walk.

However, not trying to discourage you, good luck :)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats sir icon_smile.gif

I found myself in the exact situation with TONS of resources. I am using Wendell, Lammle, CBT, SkillSoft, Cisco Networking Academy Online, Youtube etc :) lol I have been able to narrow it down thank goodness so now using Wendell, Lammle and CBT (24 Hours). I will attempt practice exams where ever I find them :)

Good luck on ICND2
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Two months is pretty quick, but you know your capabilities.

Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats!! Good luck on your ICND2 studies, keep it going
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD