Options

Taking the 70-680 in 12 hours!

dustinmoormandustinmoorman Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, I've been lurking around watching all of you pass your 70-680's :)

Hopefully now it's my turn.

This is going to be my first attempt at a legitimate certification exam, I've been studying hard for maybe 4 months on all the material for the 70-680. I know for a first exam, I'm in for a beating. I hear the 70-680 is a monster.

Wish me luck guys! Pass or fail, I'll let you all know how I've come tomorrow after the test!

Time to do my last bit of studying for it. icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck with the test tomorrow. Go over professor messer vids if you havent already.
  • Options
    BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck. Let us know your score and what you did to prepare.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Good luck and let us know when you passed! :)
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    whatthehell I passed!!!icon_cheers.gif

The test was pretty intense as the folks have said around here. I have been prepping for 4 months and really cracked down on it the past 2 months going in. I'm a systems administrator/developer at my company, so I've been doing a bunch of windows support for about 2 years professionally now (My main responsibility is development, primarily PHP and now C#, but I help the sysadmins when they need a hand in the workflow). I feel like I should have scored higher, and I believe it had to do with myself throwing a bunch of emphasis on server side BranchCache and DirectAccess this past two weeks or so. I should have done a little refresher of the earlier topics and easier topics..

I used a combo of resources to study including:
    • Professer Messer -- Really good resource. I used him to get a broad spectrum of all the topics for this exam
    • CBT Nuggets -- I love James Conrad's training! I probably spent the most time here.
    • Trainsignal -- A co-worker of mine let me watch a few of the 70-680 trainsignals and they were good (Scott Lowe was the presenter) but I'm not sure why, I couldn't gain traction with these videos.. Eventually just went back to CBT Nuggets.
    • TECHNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Don Poulton's 70-680 Cert Guide -- This was a great book. Anyone going towards getting this certification needs to grab this book. Great test engine with this book as well.
    • MS Press 70-680 Training Kit -- Lets see, what to say what to say.. Honestly, I Liked this book, but I found myself spending Way too much time on writing in errata, much more time than I ever spent actually studying out of this book, but the exam engine was great! I followed another guys advice (on here) for the past two weeks and hit the lesson reviews hard and there were some similarities to some of the questions on the test.
    If I can give anyone any tips for taking this test.. Let me just say, get your exam simulators and Test Test Test Test Test Test!!!

The best thing you can do is just take practice tests on all the material. If you fail a question on a practice test, research it and find out why you failed, and you will learn it! Testing also keeps your brain fresh on all the older topics that you may grow away from seeing as there is just so much yard to cover on the 70-680.

Another thing, keep it on the client. I spend a lot of time looking into the server side configs like I said, but when I got to the test.. it sure did make me remember that we're taking a client test, as I was a little fuzzy on some of the things, but I made it happen!!!

I guess now the question is, what next!
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I hate to burst the bubble of happiness but it looks like the practice test you used last where braindumps. Unless you put in the *********** as the name this means that the site is considered braindumps and would be considered cheating. When getting any material in the future for studying check here: CertGuard | IT Certification Exam Security & Integrity first before purchasing to make sure you aren't using illegal material.
  • Options
    Guys I think with the 70-680 down I'm going to take a break from the Microsoft madness. I feel like I've beaten Windows in to my skull so badly it hurts!

I think I'll be going for my ZCE next.. I'll be back to TechExams.net in the future though when I want to cap the 682 for the MCITP.. I have the Security+ and CCNA: Security in my sights also, but right now the ZCE is where my money (and carreer) are at!

Thanks for the help guys!!
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass! You did it! Also, thanks for all the great info about the test, as this is one of a couple I need to take this year!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    Congratz on the pass! You did it! Also, thanks for all the great info about the test, as this is one of a couple I need to take this year!

You should do great man! Good luck on it when you start the studying man!
  • Options
    Joseph HarlessJoseph Harless Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gratz on the pass.