Options

CCIE written here i come!

13»

Comments

• Options
    ipSpaceipSpace Member Posts: 147
    Good to hear this Sirsamon! Can't wait to see your progress...i will schedule the written in 1-2 months. Will study hardcore ;)

My Network & Security Blog with a focus on Fortigate. New post on how to create a fortigate ssl vpn.
  • Options
    Well,

Managed to get about 2 hours of reading my notes. Over 100+ pages of notes.

Also received a promotion from Boson for the CCIE ExSIM. If you like their Facebook page you get a 25% discount. I am thinking of buying it this week.

My Network & Security Blog with a focus on Fortigate. New post on how to create a fortigate ssl vpn.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ipSpace wrote: »
    Well,

Managed to get about 2 hours of reading my notes. Over 100+ pages of notes.

Also received a promotion from Boson for the CCIE ExSIM. If you like their Facebook page you get a 25% discount. I am thinking of buying it this week.
    Just used this, thanks. :)
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    Just used this, thanks. :)
    You're welcome! :) I'm going to use it too, on Friday i think :D

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You're welcome! :) I'm going to use it too, on Friday i think :D

Well worth it!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    Well worth it!
    James you are right. I just bought it and saw the questions. Really nice piece of software...i checked some questions and tests and i can say that i am far from ready :)

• Options
    I did a Boson test today, scored at about 50%..so i am half way ready ;)

Did some more review of my notes..a total of 3 hours today. Tomorrow how to get at about 8 hours. Will schedule the exam in July i think.

• Options
    Been studying..so the thread is not dead. Going to present my Master degree thesys on Saturday and then 100% towards CCIE (after a Cisco ASA VPN training of 1 week).

I am still struggling with Multicast... Can someone please recommend a good book on Multicast ?

• Options
    SirsamonSirsamon Member Posts: 221
    I found Cisco Press Developing IP multicast Networks a great read.
    Developing IP Multicast Networks, Volume I
    I also heard of , Interdomain Multicast Routing (but have not read it)
  • Options
    Sirsamon wrote: »
    I found Cisco Press Developing IP multicast Networks a great read.
    Developing IP Multicast Networks, Volume I
    I also heard of , Interdomain Multicast Routing (but have not read it)

Thanks Sirsamon, will check it out!

I am back. I did not post in a while since i got really busy. I finished my Master Degree and attended a cisco ASA VPN course ( a LOT of RA VPN there).

So..i'm back. 6 hours of OSPF and BGP today, tomorrow i hope to get to 8 (need to get in the mood again to learn hardcore).

• Options
    That sounds like an interesting course. Nice work on the studies!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    Hi Guys,

I can say that last week i passed CCIE Written. I did the VOL1 workbook during my studies and from January i will start the LAB preparation.

@James, Zartanasaurus,

Any hints/tips ?:)

• Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on passing the Written! Good luck on your next study phase, looking forward to reading about your experience.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @James, Zartanasaurus,

Any hints/tips ?:)
    The easy part is over. :)

Keep the VOL1 stuff fresh in your mind. Hopefully you've been doing some spaced repetitions and flashcards If not, start. The stuff you get wrong in VOL2, or are shaky on even if you get it right, go back and do the VOL1 labs for that tech immediately and make flashcards and start repetitions for that tech. You don't want to see the same tech 3, 4, 5 labs in a row and have to consult the DocCD or get it wrong each time. When you see it the 2nd time you should be thinking easy points.

A lot of your time might be doing QoS VolI labs. You don't start any official QoS training until near the end, but every VOL2 lab has QoS tasks at the end. So you better bone up on FRTS and MQC now or you'll struggle on that part every time.

Also, get whatever book reading you want to do out of the way now. Once you get into full-scale lab mode, it's hard to transition back to reading books again. At least it is for me.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    The easy part is over. :)

Also, get whatever book reading you want to do out of the way now. Once you get into full-scale lab mode, it's hard to transition back to reading books again. At least it is for me.

Congrats on the pass!

I completely agree with Zartanasaurus. Get ready for the fun part! Hammer hard on WBI because this will build the foundation for the rest of your mission.

It has been very hard for me to transition back to reading as well. I just read Cisco docs whenever I hit a weak spot, and crack open a book to study a certain topic as needed. I made a ton of flash cards when going through the QoS phase of Petr's plan covering the theory as well as implementation. There is a lot there so make sure you understand it and study it frequently. Most of all, just take good notes and try to not let yourself feel too overwhelmed. I struggle with this from time to time, but just keep at it.
    How to pass the CCIE R&S with INE's 4.0 Training Program
  • Options
    Oh, and I forgot...make sure you have a really comfortable study area with a nice desk chair.
  • Options
    Great hints people!

Thank you a lot. From January (probably from the 10th i will start the BIG journey). Hope to finish it till December next year.

• Options
    Did about 6 hours of labbing last night. Only OSPF. I will follow the INE schedule starting next week, but now i jsut want to refresh some information.

How to pass the CCIE R&S with INE's 4.0 Training Program

• Options
    OSPF can keep you busy. Good luck!