Packet Tracer 5.3 and SSH

I'm having trouble setting SSH on switches in PT version 5.3. I've read that SSH commands were disabled in PT but the labs that I'm using are calling for SSH to be configured.

I've tried configuring SSH with the crypto key generate rsa command, but PT doesnt even recognize this. Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone else confirm that SSH cannot be configured on switches in PT? Can SSH be configured on routers in PT?

Thanks for the help guys!
:study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA

Comments

• ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Ah, thank you so much! Didnt see that thread earlier; I was running 5.3.2, just downloaded the newer version. Thanks again!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

• Ola_CISCOOla_CISCO Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Where did you download the newer version from?
  • beginner_ccnabeginner_ccna Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah same, please could you infrom where you downloaded the new version from please
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have a cisco netacad account, you can download it there. Also, SSH was supported in PT 5.3.2 however, only in the routers.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    A quick clarification. For packet tracer version 5.3.2 & older. You can still practice ssh by using the 3560 switch or 1841 router. They do support the commands fine. I have tested 5.3.3 and it appears cisco has finally added ssh to the other switches/routers.

For the latest version, assuming your a network academy student. The download instructions are here: Cisco Packet Tracer - Cisco Systems
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    MosGuy wrote: »
    A quick clarification. For packet tracer version 5.3.2 & older. You can still practice ssh by using the 3560 switch or 1841 router. They do support the commands fine. I have tested 5.3.3 and it appears cisco has finally added ssh to the other switches/routers.

For the latest version, assuming your a network academy student. The download instructions are here: Cisco Packet Tracer - Cisco Systems

Thanks for the info, didnt even realize there was a layer 3 switch in PT 5.3.2! :D