Yes, I succeeded.

honohono Posts: 50Member ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

After 15 months to study and 1,600 hours of lab, finally, I just passed my Lab this week (it was my second attempt),

I was well prepared this time, no stress,

I finished the troubleshooting section in one hour, after for the Config section, I took all my time for read and answering for each question, ...

After a long night of waiting I had the Mail from CISCO:

I Passed: CCIE certified, YES .....
Daniel
CCIE R&S
«1

Comments

  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Posts: 1,899Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • steve13adsteve13ad Posts: 398Member
    That's a big one! Congrats!
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Posts: 2,475Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Quite an accomplishment.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • ipSpaceipSpace Posts: 147Member
    Congrats!

    My Network & Security Blog with a focus on Fortigate. New post on how to create a fortigate ssl vpn.
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Posts: 1,403Member
    Congrats! So 1600 hrs is the number.
    1. What workbook did you use?
    2. Did you do any bootcamp? If so which one?
    3. Did you do any mock labs? If so which one?
    4. If youll do it again, how are you goin to approach/Plan for the test?

    Thank you
  • forestgiantforestgiant Posts: 153Member
    Congratulations! That is a major achievement.

    Please share your experience with us. I'd like to know how you organized life/wife/etc. around the labs and hours studying. Did you commit to a certain hours a day?
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas CISSP, GIAC x5, CompTIA x5 Greenville, SC USAPosts: 5,735Member ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! That is a massive accomplishment.
    Currently working on: Linux and Python
  • TurgonTurgon Posts: 6,313Banned
    hono wrote: »
    Hi all,

    After 15 months to study and 1,600 hours of lab, finally, I just passed my Lab this week (it was my second attempt),

    I was well prepared this time, no stress,

    I finished the troubleshooting section in one hour, after for the Config section, I took all my time for read and answering for each question, ...

    After a long night of waiting I had the Mail from CISCO:

    I Passed: CCIE certified, YES .....

    Very well done Daniel, I know how hard you have worked for this victory and the news gives the other candidates on the board much encouragement. Those 1600 lab hours were all worth it. What materials did you use to prepare for troubleshooting?
  • Good job man!
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Senior Member Posts: 6,844Mod Mod
    Way to go! Congrats!
  • ShanmanShanman Posts: 223Member
    Congratz on the pass. I am happy for you. I can't image the pride you must feel right now. Sounds like there should be a celebration in order now!!!
  • TurgonTurgon Posts: 6,313Banned
    Vive La France!
  • reaper81reaper81 Posts: 631Member
    Nice! I knew you would pass it the 2nd time. Not many people in the world work as hard as you have done to attain the CCIE. Totally well deserved. Any advice for me since i'm the next guy on the boards taking a shot? :)
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • TurgonTurgon Posts: 6,313Banned
    reaper81 wrote: »
    Nice! I knew you would pass it the 2nd time. Not many people in the world work as hard as you have done to attain the CCIE. Totally well deserved. Any advice for me since i'm the next guy on the boards taking a shot? :)

    Absolutley. Brutal hours put in for this win. The hardest cert of all on that score and probably only the 10th TE member who's fairly regular here to pass the last 5 years. Well done hono!
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Posts: 1,423Member
    Congrats man! All that hard work paid off!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • SubnetZeroSubnetZero Posts: 124Member
    Dude that's so awesome!! Congrats!
    What's your #?

    While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, several electrons were severely inconvenienced
    :cool:
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Posts: 941Member ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations!!! That's a very humble post for such a huge achievement! You must have reached the enlightenment during the long journey :)
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

    GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • honohono Posts: 50Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Congrats! So 1600 hrs is the number.
    1. What workbook did you use?
    2. Did you do any bootcamp? If so which one?
    3. Did you do any mock labs? If so which one?
    4. If youll do it again, how are you goin to approach/Plan for the test?

    Thank you

    I used INE Volume 1 to volume 4,
    During travel to work, I listened INE audio,
    At home I used GNS3 and reals switches for all lab,
    I did three mock Labs (also INE),
    For my notes, I used Anki for learning difficult parts and for repetition..
    And for the lab day, the stress in a big factor, the first two hours for the troubleshooting pass very fast, during my first attempt, I loose 30/45mns because of lot of stress...
    I hope that will be help a little,
    Daniel
    CCIE R&S
  • honohono Posts: 50Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    Very well done Daniel, I know how hard you have worked for this victory and the news gives the other candidates on the board much encouragement. Those 1600 lab hours were all worth it. What materials did you use to prepare for troubleshooting?

    I used INE Volume 2 for the troubleshooting,
    Also Volume 4, for learning approach for debugging/troubleshooting,
    But I think volume 4 is a little bit more hard that the real lab,
    Daniel
    CCIE R&S
  • honohono Posts: 50Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,

    Thanks to everyone, I really appreciate your comments ...
    Daniel
    CCIE R&S
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Posts: 885Member
    congrats daniel! it's fantastic to see another member pass the lab exam.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • SirsamonSirsamon Posts: 221Member
    Well done congratulations

    :)
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Posts: 567Member
  • nelnel Posts: 2,859Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man! huge achievement, my hat goes off to you sir!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

    Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • fredmoogiefredmoogie Posts: 80Member ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Sa'adSa'ad Posts: 150Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Hono!!!

    Did did it take you 15 months preparing for the lab only or does that include the time you prepared for written exam as well?
    INE v4 volume 1
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Posts: 2,472Member
    Congratulations! 1600 hours equate to 8 hours a day for 7ish months. That's a marathon!

    What's your CCIE number?

    How did you study for troubleshooting?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    Pictures:
    Office / Lab
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Posts: 495Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats dude, that' s awesome! What're you gonna from here on out? :p
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • jovan88jovan88 Posts: 393Member
    congrats, truely an inspirational achievement

    party hard
Sign In or Register to comment.