Options

What next current have ceh/cissp/sec+?

laxcatlaxcat Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently got my CEH certification to go along with my CISSP and Sec+. What would be a good next step? I was thinking about linux+/itil/oracle ora/ocp. My job role is a mix between security and oracle on redhat admin. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Those sound like good options... certifications that are vendor specific to showcase your skills in those areas.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Some sort of best/good practice methodology is always a bonus (ITIL/FITS/MOF), as well as some sort of project management cert (eg Prince2, PMP, Project+).

TBH, what interests you?
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It depends on what your interests or areas of expertise are. You seem to have knocked out vendor-neutral IT security certs. There's always ITIL, CompTIA CASP, CISM, Pen Testing or more specialized like Juniper or Cisco Security Tracks, Checkpoint, Fortinet, etc or like you mentioned an OS to like Red Hat, Linux or Windows to have a way to apply the security concepts.
  • Options
    Gholden85Gholden85 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've found this CompTIA roadmap CompTIA Career Pathways to be useful in at least seeing what type of certifications or at least vendors are out there for certain career paths. Hopefully it helps.
  • Options
    laxcatlaxcat Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the help guys, I think that I am going to do Linux+ next. I think that I should be able to knock it out fairly quickly. After that I will prob look into CASP and ITIL.