Options

Cisco Academy....

johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
My compnay and Cisco enrolled me in what I thought was the Cisco Academy, but right now it looks like its all web based training, not quite what I was expecting, especially considering I can hit a Cisco office with a rock from my office window, its that close.

Is that what anyone else had with Cisco Academy? Maybe there is a difference, I dont know. I thought that Cisco Academy training was mentored and developed by Cisco, and this is, and I envisioned some sit in classes. Maybe they will be coming, but right now its through ThompsonNetG. I hate web-based training icon_confused.gif
Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p

Comments

• Options
    davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If it was me, I think I'd atleast throw that rock at the cisco building. It might make you feel better icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    nah, if they found out it was me I would probably be unemployed icon_lol.gif
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Cisco Online Academy is a web based program but usually there is some instructor who leads you thru the labs and in some cases offer theory courses. What i know for sure is that they offer quality and quantity training but it's not a sure guarantee to passing tha CCNA.

My compnay and Cisco enrolled me in what I thought was the Cisco Academy, but right now it looks like its all web based training, not quite what I was expecting, especially considering I can hit a Cisco office with a rock from my office window, its that close.

icon_lol.gif

If it's a stone throw away then i'd rather make a paper plane with my CV and head it towards that direction.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    I am an alumni of the Cisco Networking Academy. I attended the Academy at a local community college. It was a classroom environment with a Cisco certified instructor (mine passed the CCIE written and was waiting to take his lab portion). We had Cisco books, several racks of Cisco 2600 routers, Cisco 2950 switches and Adtran simulators. However, access to the CCNA curriculum, as well as all of our exams were available online.