Options

cissp exam nyc 2/5/12

timrvttimrvt Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
first post:

sat for the CISSP exam this past saturday in NYC

attended the sans mgmt 414 cissp prep boot camp in jul 2011
I had passed the giac gcih in jan 2011 & the giac gisp in sept 2011 as prep exams

I studied using the eric conrad cissp study guide for a few months(6) and various online test questions/sites

to be honest by jan of this yr I was sick of looking at the domains

Took the bus down friday from Vt to NYC and settled in

Good advice was to get relaxed have a good dinner and not look at the books/questions...I opened up
my notes and quickly put them away..I either knew it or didnot at this point

Sat morning ..got a good hearty breakfast and made my way up lexington ave (I stayed a few block from the site hotel)
It was a sunny morning and I didnot feel nervous..at this point I resigned myself to relax and be cool and confident..it helped

36 other testers ..all but 2 for the CISSP
4 proctors

Room was fine ..water in the back and temp comfortable

Clear liquid containers allowed on the test desk table

Seats were assigned

Exam started promptly at 9:00
The initial question I was like "oh this is how its going to be"

After a brief hesitation I was able to start focusing..and the questions rolled over me

The domains were not evenly represented in my test questions..some areas were hardly touched and topics I had fretted over for months were not even addressed

I felt pretty good at the 3 hr mark and took a break

At the 4 hr mark I was done all the questions

At this point I started back to review the questions ...but I just had enough
I didnot want to see another ALE scenario or anything like it

I was out of there quickly...

We will see...

advice: good rest,good breakfast ,snacks ,pencils ,erasers(the ISC provided pencils were blunt tipped)
be cool and confident

next up: ccnp route.
cheers
tim

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome to TE. Thanks for the review. Best of luck.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Yes, thanks for the exam experience review and good luck! :D
  • Options
    SubnetZeroSubnetZero Member Posts: 124
    Thanks Tim and welcome aboard!

While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, several electrons were severely inconvenienced
    :cool:
  • Options
    VirtualGuardVirtualGuard Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good summary, I was on the same exam although I took the whole 6 hours.. but I am a slow test taker, waiting for the results.. fingers crossed. Studied using AIO 5, Official CBK 2nd edition, eric conards books; lots of questions .. :).. the exam was not too technical.. more on managerial side and thats how it was supposed to be I believe. :) . anyways i found it very hard. best of luck to all.
  • Options
    Good summary, I was on the same exam although I took the whole 6 hours.. but I am a slow test taker, waiting for the results.. fingers crossed. Studied using AIO 5, Official CBK 2nd edition, eric conards books; lots of questions .. :).. the exam was not too technical.. more on managerial side and thats how it was supposed to be I believe. :) . anyways i found it very hard. best of luck to all.

good luck !
  • Options
    Tim, have you got your results yet? its been about 2 weeks now I guess they start releasing the results after 10 days?
  • Options
    nothing yet......first 2 weeks ..put it out of mind..now I'm starting to get ancy....I'm heading back to nyc 1st week in march for ccnp route course
    hope to hear by then so I can relax & celebrate! (hopefully)
  • Options
    I finally got my results .. I Passed. :)
  • Options
    shagismshagism Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats VirtualGuard!
  • Options
    Feb4TorontoFeb4Toronto Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I finally got my results .. I Passed. :)

Have they provided the score? Got mine as well, says I passed but no details.
  • Options
    Ricky5chsRicky5chs Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you pass they do not provide a score. They only provide a score if you don't pass.
  • Options
    bummed ...696.....really crushed..oh well ..not sure if I want to try again...got route to pass first....totally down & out ..& i'm in nyc for route
    GK class ...