Options

How to get a job based on A+ certificate

gparmargparmar Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi to all,
my name is gaurav. i am new here and this is my first post, but i am following this website for about a month.
Today i clear my A+ exam (701, 702). i am also going through CCNA-2(switching).
i already applied for the job based on A+ certificate but did not get any response from any employer in the city.
right now i am in calgary alberta canda.
every employer need experience and i don't have any experience.
my Question is the A+ is worth for getting a entry level job.
i need help from the all the members as u guys are way ahead.

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    gparmar wrote: »
    hi to all,
    my name is gaurav. i am new here and this is my first post, but i am following this website for about a month.
    i already applied for the job based on A+ certificate but did not get any response from any employer in the city.

There are hundreds of helpful posts on the boards about this. Have a look around.
  • Options
    antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gparmar wrote: »
    hi to all,

Well for starters, where are you applying for jobs? A+, as a cert, is suitable for computer shops & hardware stores. A+ is not so important at the corporate level because hardware is usually spec'd and companies rarely fix it. CCNA is fine, but realistically, finding a entry level job with just a CCNA is going to be tough. If you want to get into an entry level job you'd be better to focus on Windows 7 and Outlook, get your foot in the door and then do the CCNA.

There is also communication skills, personal skills (how you react to other people), patient levels & just having a generally positive attitude. People seem to always think that education is the most important part of a career. It's not always that way. IT is a "service" job so people skills are incredibly important.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    just keep applying and you will eventually land a gig