Options

what is the data link that is supported by IPv6???

mikerangermikeranger Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
anybody here can help me???

Comments

• Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you are talking about IPv6 packets that stay on a LAN segment only, link-local packets are prefixed with FE80::/64 header.
  • Options
    jdancer wrote: »
    If you are talking about IPv6 packets that stay on a LAN segment only, link-local packets are prefixed with FE80::/64 header.

thanks for the reply but i dont know if this is the right question but what i would like to know is which is supported by ipv6 data link Frame relay PVC , Frame Relay SVC and PPP??? you have any idea which of this is supported by ipv6??
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikeranger wrote: »
    thanks for the reply but i dont know if this is the right question but what i would like to know is which is supported by ipv6 data link Frame relay PVC , Frame Relay SVC and PPP??? you have any idea which of this is supported by ipv6??

IPv6 is a Layer 3 protocol just like IPv4 which means it is supported by a number of Layer 2 protocols including...

Ethernet, Frame Relay, PPP, ATM, HDLC

The great thing about Layer 2 and Layer 3 is that you can mix and match - for the most part they aren't exclusively dependent on each other. IPv6 and IPv4 can run over Ethernet, Frame Relay, ATM, etc. Here is a good rundown on Layer 2 protocols.

Data link layer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    vinbuck wrote: »
    IPv6 is a Layer 3 protocol just like IPv4 which means it is supported by a number of Layer 2 protocols including...

Ethernet, Frame Relay, PPP, ATM, HDLC

The great thing about Layer 2 and Layer 3 is that you can mix and match - for the most part they aren't exclusively dependent on each other. IPv6 and IPv4 can run over Ethernet, Frame Relay, ATM, etc. Here is a good rundown on Layer 2 protocols.

Data link layer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks so much for the reply and link
  • Options
    aneeshwindaneeshwind Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PPP and frame relay PVC is the correct answer....