Raspberry Pi anyone?

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
Will Anyone be picking one of these up? I have a few projects lined up First will be used it as a media player, I also am tempted to get a old mac classic gut it out fit a new LCD and fit the Pi inside hooked up to a decent sized hard disk, Load it up with the rom and you have yourself a portable old skool console lol.

Raspberry Pi | An ARM GNU/Linux box for $25. Take a byte!
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've been considering it. It would be great for a low power PC to work with my switches/routers.
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very nice indeed. I had not heard of this until now. The only thing that will stop me from purchasing the unit when it is released this month is the fact that it does not include a casing and you simply have the board exposed. I have no extra casings or anything either. Still, a very cool project and I actually intend to purchase one, or two or three :) As stated by Veritas, they would be good in a lab.

Only minor complaint is that it's only got RCA video. Not a problem though as I really plan to use them without video output once they're booted anyways. This has really got me excited!! I cannot wait to purchase one!!
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    Only minor complaint is that it's only got RCA video.
    It also has HDMI out for video.

FAQs | Raspberry Pi