CCNA worries...

NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
I have some worries about the "small stuff" questions on the CCNA.

Im getting ready to take the CCNA intro, and I have a great grasp on the main topics of the material. I also have several years of troubleshooting/network monitoring on a cable based network, in which I have router access, which makes learning a lot of the material a breeze.

My concern is the minor details of the material. For example, I havent bothered to memorize the maximum speeds for the different types of standard cables. I would learn what each field of the TCP/IP header does, but not the layout.

I am afraid these things are going to come back to bite me. I have been taking the Cisco practice tests on the Cisco preparation site, and I have been happy with my scores, but I dont know if that is a good indicator.

Can anyone offer some incite on the context of the questions? Do they mostly pertain to the main points of the material, or should I memorize all 600 pages of this book? Also, can anyone offer any other good free testing sites?

Comments

• porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    You don't need to memorize all 600 pages, but knowing the material contained within those pages would help. icon_wink.gif

What makes Cisco certifications more valuable than others (IMHO), is the fact that you need to know the material. You will be asked main points of the material, but you will also find some questions that will test your knowledge on a deeper level.

Then again, my only experience is with the one exam route...not the two exam route. But from what I've read on this site, the INTRO exam is fairly straight forward. You should have no problems in passing it. However, the ICND is a different beast all together.

Good luck!
  • normtnormt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Intro exam really is straight forward, like network+ with subnetting, I passed last week.

I was worried before the exam, thought I was not ready, but if you read the stuff & do practise exams you will be fine!!!
    Elvis Lives!!! Thank you very much!!!