Options

I need help on show commands dealing with VTP

diddyjamesdiddyjames Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have two switches connected together. I am connected to Switch 1 thru a host. Switch 1 is connected to Switch 2 and Switch 2 is connected to a router.

I need to configure the VTP domain name, client mode, and password on Switch 1. How do I find the VTP information on Switch 2 if I'm only connected to Switch 1? Would I have to Telnet to Switch 2 or are there any show commands to use?

I also have to configure the default gateway. I know I can find that by the "show cdp neighbors detail" command.

Comments

• Options
    angel.oaangel.oa Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    diddyjames wrote: »
    I have two switches connected together. I am connected to Switch 1 thru a host. Switch 1 is connected to Switch 2 and Switch 2 is connected to a router.

I need to configure the VTP domain name, client mode, and password on Switch 1. How do I find the VTP information on Switch 2 if I'm only connected to Switch 1? Would I have to Telnet to Switch 2 or are there any show commands to use?

I also have to configure the default gateway. I know I can find that by the "show cdp neighbors detail" command.

yes, you would have to do that and then use the appropiate vtp commands (vtp mode|domain|password)
    Currently reading :study:

Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)
    Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide
    JNCIA - Junos Study Guide - Parts 1 & 2
  • Options
    kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    Yeah telnet to switch 2 show vtp status is good one!
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550