Options

quick question on potential LAB for CCNA/CCNP

Angelos_nAngelos_n Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

Ive been reading here for a while ever since i started studying for my MCITP. However ive now got a large networking project (not your average office network) on for work and i want to get certified before before we start in about 2-3 months. Ive had experience with Cisco gear before so i feel confident that the CCNA shouldnt be to bad but CCNP is starting to worry me :). Anyway im putting together a lab for home study as i cant justify the cost of some of these £3000+ coursesmand ive already got some 3750s laying around from an older project. My question is are the 3750s useful for CCNA/CCNP or should i buy some 2950/60s. Ive currently got 2 3750 24 Ports and was thinking of using them with GNS3 and Todd Lammle/CBT nuggets to learn. I have a full week off work and was literally going to do my own boot camp type thing for the CCNA.

What do you guys think? Work is willing to put some money up if i need it (exams and maybe some "real" routers) as ive already got the 3750s.

SO yeh, i need some help i guess :)

Regards

Angelos

Comments

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    For CCNA, I used the Official CCNA Network Simulator by Wendell Odom. I bought some real gear along the way, but there were so many labs on the simulator that you really learn everything you need to know. You can get the newest version on Amazon for under $100.

You could use some equipment for the CCNP, but try the sim for now.
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    for ccna gns3 and/or packet tracer will do the trick

for ccnp if you already have some 3750s you are almost there, however i would get 2 more 2950s as 4 switches is a good setup for the switch exam.

for route gns3 is fine but i backed it up by getting a 2610xm attached to it - just because i like the feel of real gear ;)
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • Options
    Angelos_nAngelos_n Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    so for both CCNA and CCNP can i do router emulation using GNS3?
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    yes

CBT Nuggets

this video has all it needs to get you startet with gns3
    And then, I started a blog ...