Options

Taking 70-680 Exam: Feb 28th

barringtonjrbarringtonjr Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, going for my 1st certification, hopefully of many. I've been building and working on computers since 1998 and never tried to get any certifications. I'm trying to build my way up to Enterprise Administrator, then see where it takes me from there. I watched Trainsignal video, read the Microsoft MCTS Self Paced training kit, and now reading the 70-680 Exam Cram, been studying since January. I took the Practice tests in microsoft book and got an 82% yesterday, I want to pass my 1st time, I don't want to waste $150. Keep you posted.

Comments

• Options
    nycidnycid Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking at the Trainsignal kit $997 for the mcitp track. What's your thought on the 70-680 video. Do they have the iphone setup there too?

Thanks and good luck!
  • Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Hello, going for my 1st certification, hopefully of many. I've been building and working on computers since 1998 and never tried to get any certifications. I'm trying to build my way up to Enterprise Administrator, then see where it takes me from there. I watched Trainsignal video, read the Microsoft MCTS Self Paced training kit, and now reading the 70-680 Exam Cram, been studying since January. I took the Practice tests in microsoft book and got an 82% yesterday, I want to pass my 1st time, I don't want to waste $150. Keep you posted.

Good luck!! Be careful with the tests in the Press Book, they are not an accurate gauge of the actual test questions. Just my opinion. Transcender makes good practice tests for 7.

Again, Good luck on the exam!!icon_thumright.gif
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    They do have .mp4 videos in cd for the iphone/ipad. I thought the trainsignal was very good, I suggest to read the book also, the video was a good starting point to study at in my opinion. The book has some stuff in there the video doesn't go over, especially when IP addresses is concerned.

I havent tried the trancender practice yet, I will do that later today. i just finished the Exam Cram book and did a 86% on their practice test.
  • Options
    NamaSayaRubenNamaSayaRuben Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best wishes for tomorrow!icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    I Passed!!!!! icon_cheers.gif Holy $#!t it was the hardest test I have ever taken. I barely made it too, got a 700 but I'm ok with it, I literally thought I was going to fail half way through, it felt like I never studied at all, but after awhile the questions got easier. The test was 50 questions and I did bad on shared resources which is strange because I've been networking since Win98. But all in all its all good, now Im deciding if I should go the MCITP route with Windows 7 Admin, or start towards 2008 Server Admin and start reading about Active Directory. Eventually I'm working towards Enterprise Administrator when its all said and done.
  • Options
    vytas_bewvytas_bew Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    you are got deam lucky!! i sit an exam today also, and fail with 609. Damn i though i was ready for this stuff, i fit easy in exam time, but the thing was lack of knowlegde.. icon_sad.gif though i use 3 different study sources: messer, don poulton book, and study notes from this site. I admit there was questions, that i dont have a clue what answers to eliminate. My weakest result was in backup and recovery, while on the test exams at home i didnt find them hard, i guess i choose not the microsoft way :), anyway i take 2 days off now from studies, and gonna read the book again, and do some labing with it, pretty sure i am near breaking point and try to sit exam again in 2 weeks time. Anyone of you ever been same thing, please advice ?

Sorry for mistakes in text, english is not native :)
  • Options
    snapdadsnapdad Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    thall860thall860 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    vytas_bew wrote: »
    Anyone of you ever been same thing, please advice ?

I have been there with Microsoft tests for sure. My advice is to build off the 609 score with more studying on your weak areas. If you take time off you will start to forget things. Do it while it is all fresh.
    Had all of my WGU courses but too much to keep up on. I am working at it, will let you know when finished.
  • Options
    vytas_bewvytas_bew Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thats what i am doing right now, digging in deeper while its still fresh
  • Options
    pspmannypspmanny Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    to those who have passed the test i was wandering if i should practice the all the exercises or is it just enough to follow along in the videos for the exercises. the problem i'm having is that its taking me quit a long time to finish the deploying windows 7 section so i was wondering how thoroughly i need to know this section?
  • Options
    pspmanny wrote: »
    to those who have passed the test i was wandering if i should practice the all the exercises or is it just enough to follow along in the videos for the exercises. the problem i'm having is that its taking me quit a long time to finish the deploying windows 7 section so i was wondering how thoroughly i need to know this section?

Honestly the questions that stuck out to me on the test with the deploying part was:
    1. knowing imagex was used to make images for deployment
    2. sysprep was the 1st step to take before making an image
    3. bcdboot had to be run after applying the image