Options

passed JNCIA-Junos!

andyh123andyh123 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
just back from Prometric having passed JNCIA-Junos :D

did most of my study from the FastTrack books, but dipped into the M-track books & Juni docs for clarification on a few things (plus asking the odd stupid question on here)

I think I'm going to do JNCIS-ENT next to make use of the free study resources & to solidify my skills, then on to the SP track after that
JNCIS-ENT - :study:

Comments

• Options
    unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Juniper gear is excellent and I love their cli! Good luck on the ENT track!
    Preparing for CCIE Written
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Congrats on the pass, and good luck on the ENT track :)
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    SubnetZeroSubnetZero Member Posts: 124
    andyh123 wrote: »
    just back from Prometric having passed JNCIA-Junos :D

did most of my study from the FastTrack books, but dipped into the M-track books & Juni docs for clarification on a few things (plus asking the odd stupid question on here)

I think I'm going to do JNCIS-ENT next to make use of the free study resources & to solidify my skills, then on to the SP track after that

Hey congrats mate! So what did you do for hands-on practice? Olive? Real hardware? Please share, thanks!

While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, several electrons were severely inconvenienced
    :cool:
  • Options
    SubnetZero wrote: »
    Hey congrats mate! So what did you do for hands-on practice? Olive? Real hardware? Please share, thanks!

I used a couple of IP330's running Olive (see the 1u olive sticky) - I think that's ample for JNCIA. I was running oldish code - 7.4 - so a few minor things didn't work quite as per the FastTrack docs, nor some of the hardware-specific stuff like traffic monitoring, but no big deal

when I move on to JNCI[SPE] I have a couple of PC Olives that I will probably throw into the mesh, although I have played with virtual-routers & they work very well too. I also have a pile of c26xx's that I will likely use as external-AS routers as I can configure them in my sleep & concentrate on JunOS. lastly, I have a couple of linux servers that I can hook in as edge hosts/traffic-gennerators as required
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Congrats on the pass mate!

For the ENT do you have any EX switches at work or something that you can lab on? Not sure how focused the JNCIS-ENT on switching but I'm guessing you will need some exposure to the EX switches.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    There's plenty of EX material covered in the ENT track.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Yep just checked the ENT fast track materials, you'll definitely want to get your hands on some EX switches :)
  • Options
    Aldur wrote: »
    There's plenty of EX material covered in the ENT track.
    lrb wrote: »
    Yep just checked the ENT fast track materials, you'll definitely want to get your hands on some EX switches :)

I'm only planning on doing JNCIS-ENT, then switching to the the SP track. I'm not paying even ebay prices for an EX, so I'll take my chances just book-learning the switching stuff. I don't think it'll be too hard now I've got to grips with the CLI

the other option might be to speak to my friendly Juni reseller & get an EX in for "testing" ;)
  • Options
    do any of the emulators support EX?