Options

What book for CCENT?

tr1xtr1x Member Posts: 213
What book do you guys recommend I read for CCENT? Please suggest one on Books24x7 if possible..

Comments

• Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Todd Lammle has a brilliant book, gives you detailed information on everything that's on the CCNA exam.

I just looked on books24x7 and it looks terrible - sorry to say.

Amazon.com is probably your best bet on getting a decently priced book.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Todd Lammle has a brilliant book, gives you detailed information on everything that's on the CCNA exam.

I just looked on books24x7 and it looks terrible - sorry to say.

Amazon.com is probably your best bet on getting a decently priced book.

Are you talking about the Sybex book? What looks bad about it? And just to clarify are you suggesting a CCENT book or a CCNA book?
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used Odom's Official Certification Guide book. Near the end I grabbed a copy of lammle's Sybex book off eBay for $10 but didn't make it through the entire thing. Just not my style. Those 2 books seem to be the preferred study guides. Try finding a couple pages of each online so you can compare the writing styles, etc and see which works better for you.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    bermovick wrote: »
    I used Odom's Official Certification Guide book.

This is more of what I'm looking for... does it contain many labs? I couldn't preview enough of it to really tell.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not really. Check out this thread for some ideas to use in labbing for the CCNA : http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/74181-labs.html#post603219
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have Todd Lammle's CCENT book. It's very good. Read the reviews on Amazon on his book.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    cpartincpartin Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Odom's books come with the Boson exam environment. I found that software to be absolutely invaluable for my final test review and I would recommend his book for that reason alone. As for labs, the thread linked above has everything you need.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    cpartin wrote: »
    Odom's books come with the Boson exam environment. I found that software to be absolutely invaluable for my final test review and I would recommend his book for that reason alone. As for labs, the thread linked above has everything you need.

Yes, that is my only reason for having Odom's book. Well, that and the fact that the Cisco books look great on your shelf ;)
  • Options
    You guys are life savers.. thanks so much for the advice. I think I'll just end up reading both books and doing all those labs in the thread. Again, thanks a lot.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, that is my only reason for having Odom's book. Well, that and the fact that the Cisco books look great on your shelf ;)

Ha-ha! That's a good one!icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]