lunch

2»

Comments

• whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Really need to follow some of the great examples on this thread. I eat out almost everyday at lunch, spending $10-15 per day. That is a lot of money flying out the door! Plus, if I brought lunch more, I could just eat at my desk, and spend my lunch hour sleeping, exercising, walking, gaming, etc.
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    I Normally cook some pasta Chicken or Tuna the night before and then eat that at my desk along with some carrot sticks (Is in training to become bugs bunny with the ammount of carrots I eat) icon_smile.gif

This is suplimented by Protein shakes and tins of fish.
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I Normally cook some pasta Chicken or Tuna the night before and then eat that at my desk along with some carrot sticks (Is in training to become bugs bunny with the ammount of carrots I eat) icon_smile.gif

This is suplimented by Protein shakes and tins of fish.

this sounds like my diet. My GF hates that all I eat is steak,tuna or chicken...of course veggies and fruit too...Clean diet though almost takes cardio out of the picture
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I usually go to the LA Fitness that is one block over from where I work. I started working out during lunch because I was getting really lazy sitting at my desk. It takes less than five minutes to get there and with a quick shower and changing I can get a 40-45 minute work out on my one hour lunch break. It makes the afternoon go by a lot faster/better vs before where I was dragging along. I found it near impossible to work out decently after work because I am usually helping my wife with our son.
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Since I began my new job a couple weeks ago I eat out everyday, I am still getting used to the area so I have something different almost everyday. I have one or two favorite spots so far which is a brich oven pizza place (I dont eat it everyday but I go once or twice a week), and another hot food place that makes different things (pasta, rice, burritos, etc). I usually like to eat out everyday just to take a walk somewhere and not be stuck in the office for more than I have to. Once in a while we will get free lunch because they catered in, like on Fridays they would do something like that.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    this sounds like my diet. My GF hates that all I eat is steak,tuna or chicken...of course veggies and fruit too...Clean diet though almost takes cardio out of the picture

This almost sounds like the whole Paleo Diet type deal. Anyone heard of this or adhere to it?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    This almost sounds like the whole Paleo Diet type deal. Anyone heard of this or adhere to it?

I'm a type 1 diabetic and adhere to a low carbohydrate diet which is Paleo like. I figure, I'm taking medicine to counteract the effects of sugar (carbohydrates), eating less sugar leads to less medicine. That's a good thing in the long run and makes things more manageable.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Liberate yourself from the kitchen. Become a guerrilla chef. - Slate Magazine

ok i thought i was weird but im not the only one who cooks at the office .... i enjoy real food not hte microwaved crap
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just realized, because of my friends I ate Burger King and Taco Bell today. I will usually eat Pho or bring Vietnamese sandwiches or Subway back to my desk.
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    Well I feel like the odd man out here lol

I eat out every day - mostly $5-7 at the most. I don't buy a bunch in groceries so it's factored into the "food" budget. My wife is the same way (for dinners)

I'll try to keep it semi-healthy like subs or "real" food from a Moe's or a pizza shop - if I'm traveling between customer sites I'll grab the food court or mcdonalds.. I tried bringing my lunch but I found it very inconvenient for a few reasons:

1) I have no idea what I want for lunch until its lunchtime.
    2) If I pack soup and a salad it just isnt appetizing at lunch
    3) I like variety and spontaneity and getting out of the office is a nice way to clear your head; I feel like if you work through lunch or sit at your desk you never officially "break"

I know it isn't the cheapest but it works for me.
  • NewManSoonNewManSoon Banned Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    onesaint wrote: »
    I'm a type 1 diabetic and adhere to a low carbohydrate diet which is Paleo like. I figure, I'm taking medicine to counteract the effects of sugar (carbohydrates), eating less sugar leads to less medicine. That's a good thing in the long run and makes things more manageable.

Currently reading Primal Body, Primal Mind - Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and a longer Life. by Nora T. Gedgaudas

Good read if anyone is interested in a low carb / gluten free lifestyle.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    NewManSoon wrote: »
    Currently reading Primal Body, Primal Mind - Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and a longer Life. by Nora T. Gedgaudas

Good read if anyone is interested in a low carb / gluten free lifestyle.

we live gluten free in our house ... its hard to start thats for sure
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What's a lunch break???
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Lately I am always traveling so I go out and spend $10-$15 a day for lunch that I expense back. On the one day a week I work from home, I hit the fridge and scavenge for leftovers. When I am working local I prefer to bring my lunch.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Claymoore wrote: »
    Lately I am always traveling so I go out and spend $10-$15 a day for lunch that I expense back. On the one day a week I work from home, I hit the fridge and scavenge for leftovers. When I am working local I prefer to bring my lunch.

i love expensing my lunchs when i travel :)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    For lunch break, I work out in the company fitness center and eat lunch at my desk, where I spend most of that time answering posts on TE. icon_lol.gif

For lunch I usually prefer Thai, Indian, Japanese, or Hawaiian/Filipino food. But I really need to start making my own lunches at home to save both calories and money. Here's to starting cooking on the weekends to prepare weekday lunches!
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I go downstairs to the "deli" in my building and buy a horribly overpriced $7.89 salad, which I in turn eat at my desk while working or posting here. If I were more frugal, I would bring a lunch every day. But, I like the salad (same salad, every day) and it has been part of a five-month diet in which I've lost over 35 pounds.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I've started being more aware of what I'm eating (Using LoseIt! App on my iPhone & LoseIt.com) and what I'm spending! Been trying to not eat at my desk to get some downtime!
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    For lunch break, I work out in the company fitness center and eat lunch at my desk, where I spend most of that time answering posts on TE. icon_lol.gif

For lunch I usually prefer Thai, Indian, Japanese, or Hawaiian/Filipino food. But I really need to start making my own lunches at home to save both calories and money. Here's to starting cooking on the weekends to prepare weekday lunches!

You have good taste in food, man.
  • networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    what do yall do for your lunch break?

i cook (i dont trust microwaves much so i use a stove outside) and then i watch some netflix

Eat my home cooked meal. Grab my DXG and read Cisco books or make phone calls to businesses that I need to deal with that week or the next. When there's enough time, check out Twitter/Facebook and/or forums.