Options

Passed!!! ICND1

ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
Finally CCENT!
I locked myself inside and studied for a month 8hrs/Day straight using the Sybex Study Guide and CBT Nuggets. Bought myself a Cisco Catalyst 2950 Switch and connected it to GNS3(Routing) for labs. My exam was today about 4 hours ago came out with a 962. Woot! Seeing that score made me feel so good. My training material for CCNA should arrive in mail tomorrow. I cant wait! ..............now for some sleep, those subnetting questions can be exhausting..lol!

**Note in case your wondering how I was able to study for 8hours a day, thats because i got laid off in December. Oh well at least i still have my part time job!
The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations for both passing and not giving up! I'm sure that knocking out the CCNA will help with your job prospects :)
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Congrats! Great score too! At this rate you won't be jobless for long :)
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ASUSTeK wrote: »
    came out with a 962.
    That's a very good score! Well done!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    DB CooperDB Cooper Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job on taking something negative, and turning it into something positive. That will make the ancestors proud! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Knock out the CCNA the same way!
  • Options
    galedgaled Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I am taking it soon as well.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Congrats on the pass! :D
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! GOOD JOB
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    craigaaroncraigaaron Member Posts: 132
    congrats :D keep the motivation up :)
    Currently Studying: CCNP Security
    300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
    300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • Options
    simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ASUSTeK wrote: »
    Finally CCENT!
    I locked myself inside and studied for a month 8hrs/Day straight using the Sybex Study Guide and CBT Nuggets. Bought myself a Cisco Catalyst 2950 Switch and connected it to GNS3(Routing) for labs. My exam was today about 4 hours ago came out with a 962. Woot! Seeing that score made me feel so good. My training material for CCNA should arrive in mail tomorrow. I cant wait! ..............now for some sleep, those subnetting questions can be exhausting..lol!

**Note in case your wondering how I was able to study for 8hours a day, thats because i got laid off in December. Oh well at least i still have my part time job!
    So you just used a switch for the routing stuff in GNS3? You didnt have to use a router?
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    OP - congrats!
    beach5563 wrote: »
    So you just used a switch for the routing stuff in GNS3? You didnt have to use a router?

It sounds like he used a 2950 for switching, but GNS3 for routing...
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats, I appreciate your hard working.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats, good luck on the second part icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JeanM wrote: »
    OP - congrats!It sounds like he used a 2950 for switching, but GNS3 for routing...
    ok yea thats what I was thinking. I'm probably going to use GNS3 too. I also have Packet Tracer.