Options

Took CISSP exam 2/11 in Dallas

2»

Comments

• Options
    LennoxRLennoxR Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kalani - Keeping fingers crossed this week. Attempting to put this out of my mind ..
  • Options
    jroach21jroach21 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone brave enough to call again and ask the status of our tests? I've called twice and was surprised to find out that they log our calls and our conversations.
  • Options
    CreativeITProCreativeITPro Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't say brave - I'm giving them until the 25th until I start calling. They were paid for a service with an expected delivery between 4-6 weeks. We took the test on the 11/12th and we're within our expected delivery range.

I would never let call logging stop me from calling - they can't modify your results or refuse you service since you paid for said service so what's the worry. Any expected case - you passed / failed gained from calling is worth it. The outlying case that I'd be worried about is "oh, we lost those results / there were too many errors with that test - when can you come in to take the test again?" However even that is closure.

I'm optimistic that we'll all hear back by Friday!
  • Options
    NiftySwiftyNiftySwifty Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would never let call logging stop me from calling - they can't modify your results or refuse you service since you paid for said service so what's the worry. Any expected case - you passed / failed gained from calling is worth it. The outlying case that I'd be worried about is "oh, we lost those results / there were too many errors with that test - when can you come in to take the test again?" However even that is closure.

I agree, and I doubt the folks that are answering phones in the contact center are even involved in processing and loading the scores. I've called a few times (mainly because my friends with CISSP's have been trying to convince me something is wrong, since they all got their results in under a month). Each time, it's tests have not been scored, could take the full six weeks.
    I'm optimistic that we'll all hear back by Friday!

I'm hoping for today, but have a feeling it's going to be Friday or next week.
  • Options
    intelinarizonaintelinarizona Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We all need join a support group.. I sat for mine 19Feb in Indianapolis, and I am about to put myself in a coma until they come in. I check my mail every other minute of the day, even at night. And am so unproductive at everything I do!!! I am so impatient right now!!!! I want to drive down to Florida.. or Maryland (where ever) and demand they give me my score on the spot! They should expedite it more right now since they are moving to Computer Based where you receive your score on the spot in 3 months!!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would be more concerned if some of you 11-12 test takers, and 19th test takers such as myself, received their scores by now. COnsidering the fact that NO ONE seems to have their results, is frustrating, but also leaves me feeling hopeful.
  • Options
    I did not think it would be this bad... the wait that is. I finished the exam in 2.5 hours and thought to myself as I left, there is no way I got more than 60 questions wrong total.. All I keep thinking about is failing now....
  • Options
    I took 5.75 hours to take this test and I feel the way you do, Intelarizona. I tested in December 5 2010, Jan 10, 2011 to get my score of 627. I took my time this last go around as I was determined to READ and understand every question and answer before moving on to the next, as that is what got me last time. I was determined not to fail this time because I did not read the questions fully. Does that mean I feel like I passed this time? I answer with a question...'does anyone?' This time, I can recall about four questions that I KNOW I got wrong, as they were fact based, vs knowledge based, scenario questions; when I missed one, I know I missed the other one.
  • Options
    Yeah. I just gave up. I was thrilled to get the cert a month and 1/2 ago but if I fail (which yeah, at this stage I've convinced myself I have) I doubt I'll retest for it. If I knew I failed 2 weeks ago - I could see opening the books again...
  • Options
    Ricky5chsRicky5chs Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We just have to stay positive guys. Don't let yourself think you failed because it is taking too long.
  • Options
    Agreed, Ricky.
  • Options
    stillbluelightstillbluelight Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I broke down and called again today (I tested on Feb 12). The extremely polite and sympathetic operator looked up my information and said that she did not have any information available. She said that "they" (I'm assuming the representatives who answer the phones) get the results from the graders and immediately send the emails out with folks' results. I got the impression that the client-facing representatives are fire-walled from the test-graders, which sort of makes sense (Prevents us from influencing the graders).

So that's not really any new information, more a confirmation of a lack of new information...

I do find it odd that there seemed to be a consistent 28-31 day response time up to Feb 4, then it suddenly stretched.
  • Options
    CowboyKaboomCowboyKaboom Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took the CISSP Certification Exam for the 1st time on February 18th in Philadelphia, first time taking any certification exam actually. Left the exam relieved it was over and figured I could get anywhere from a 500 - 800 on the exam. It seems like for almost every question I was torn between two answers.

The wait is the killer. I recently contact ISC2 through their website to inquire about the test results. Took two days for them to respond, and received the same response as many of you have. 'Test scores will be sent out approximately 6 weeks after the date of the exam'.
    I hope I passed so this whole process can be behind me, but if not i'll chug away at icon_study.gif once again with the thought being eventually the work and effort put forth getting the CISSP certification will be worth the doors open(or atleast i hope) that will come along with it.
  • Options
    The blogger in Australia who wrote the awesomest piece, took the full six weeks back in December 2010. He really touched a nerve that we can ALL feel and appreciate. Take five minutes of your life between hitting the Refresh button on your inbox and read the link below.

A journey into Hell. My CISSP experience
  • Options
    I read that yesterday, it put me at ease for the rest of the night. Today, a different story, I am truley expecting the results to come tomorrow. I have heard people recieving their results sat and sun too.. So you never know.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, if the one's from the 11th are not responding today, then they are still lying in wait as well, which means another week for 18th-19th test takers.
  • Options
    I do not believe that is entirely true, as I have read that if there are not enough sampling of tests to assign the correct amount of points to the questions then different tests dates will be bundled and released at the same time. ISC2 might in fact be scoring 11,12 and 18,19 together as a whole. I have seen on other boards where this has happened.
  • Options
    jroach21jroach21 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    just got my results from takign the test on 2/11 in Dallas...I failed. I kinda figured I hadn't done well. I'm not sure I will try again. This is the second time I have taken the test and I am thinking that maybe its not for me. Good luck to everyone else!
  • Options
    AHhh..1f you performed over 640 or something, you should take a crack at it again...Maybe consider a boot camp for it.
  • Options
    Got mine... Passed. I got my email and no waiting or ceremony in opening it - I was ready to see fail and get on with life. I'm relieved more so that I know rather than passing at this point.
  • Options
    NiftySwiftyNiftySwifty Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got mine... Passed. I got my email and no waiting or ceremony in opening it - I was ready to see fail and get on with life. I'm relieved more so that I know rather than passing at this point.

Just got mine, and I passed as well. Just so happy the waiting is over!
  • Options
    I passed too!!!! CELEBRATION
  • Options
    bobbaphattbobbaphatt Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just got mine and I passed too. I can't thank the cissp study guide by Conrad enough.
  • Options
    stillbluelightstillbluelight Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed. 12 Feb. Sweet Mercy.