EXIN - We turn skills into reputation - Exams

EXIN Green
EXIN - We turn skills into reputation - Exams

I like the BISL and ITMP to be honest.

Any of these interest you?

Comments

• Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I haven't heard of them, so no. They might be great material with good focus, but they have be known to have any market value.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Other than ITIL, I'm not that familiar with Exin. Pretty sure their based in the UK, so maybe someone that way to add to the discussion.

Didn't the ITIL programs really become popular in the US about 2 years?
  • Options
    tr1xtr1x Member Posts: 213
    If people on a certification forum haven't heard of them... then no.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    My non-scientific test is running them through the search box at Indeed.com, Careerbuilder, etc. Both came up with zero hits.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    My non-scientific test is running them through the search box at Indeed.com, Careerbuilder, etc. Both came up with zero hits.

+1 for this test. It's a good indicator of cert notoriety.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    onesaint wrote: »
    +1 for this test. It's a good indicator of cert notoriety.

Well done you data miners! +3 on that, I ran all of them and crickets.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I've heard of the following 3:

ITMP Information Technology Management Prinicipals

EXIN Cloud

EXIN Green

And I'd probably value them above the Comptia counterparts. While doing a search on job sites may be a good indication, not all companies/organisations use those sites.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    After a bit more research they all seem to be very Euro-centric certifications (the origins are the UK Gov. right?) . Thus, we US data miners turn up empty handed (or so it seems). I think if you were to look into any of the more European popular certs, the PRINCE2 would be the choice, especially with your PMP underway.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    onesaint wrote: »
    After a bit more research they all seem to be very Euro-centric certifications (the origins are the UK Gov. right?) . Thus, we US data miners turn up empty handed (or so it seems). I think if you were to look into any of the more European popular certs, the PRINCE2 would be the choice, especially with your PMP underway.

The Prince 2 requires a proctor to take the exam over here in the US. I think I could get a librarian to host the test for me. That goes with COBIT F also. Both I had planned to take, but after this adventure who knows. lol
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ive never heard of any of them. But if there some sort of version of the prince2, then yes ive heard of this, and seen it in the UK. From what i hear, its more european based, but then again ITIL stems from the british government too, so it doesnt mean it may not achieve the same levels. I think prince2 is in similar vain to the PMP, which seems more US based. I would double check this as its from memory :)

Either way, i would make sure if your investing in these then like others said, make sure its in market demand in your country if possible. I personally know quite a few people who have been boosted by the prince2 based in project management type roles. All based in europe though.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    nel wrote: »
    Ive never heard of any of them. But if there some sort of version of the prince2, then yes ive heard of this, and seen it in the UK. From what i hear, its more european based, but then again ITIL stems from the british government too, so it doesnt mean it may not achieve the same levels. I think prince2 is in similar vain to the PMP, which seems more US based. I would double check this as its from memory :)

Either way, i would make sure if your investing in these then like others said, make sure its in market demand in your country if possible. I personally know quite a few people who have been boosted by the prince2 based in project management type roles. All based in europe though.

Makes sense

That's why I went with the PMP, since I am based out of the US.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Now there's a blast from the past. Although not listed by the OP, and not sure it still exists, I actually have the EXIN PDI. It's not known as a cert but as a diploma (PDI is short for Practical Diploma IT). I also took some AMBI courses from EXIN many years ago. The PDI had some value before certs became popular and traditional education started covering IT.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Webmaster wrote: »
    Now there's a blast from the past. Although not listed by the OP, and not sure it still exists, I actually have the EXIN PDI. It's not known as a cert but as a diploma (PDI is short for Practical Diploma IT). I also took some AMBI courses from EXIN many years ago. The PDI had some value before certs became popular and traditional education started covering IT.

WD40

If you know what I mean
    meh
  • Options
    amcnowamcnow Member Posts: 215 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ITIL is the only notable certification from EXIN.
    steve13ad wrote: »
    Other than ITIL, I'm not that familiar with Exin. Pretty sure their based in the UK, so maybe someone that way to add to the discussion.

Didn't the ITIL programs really become popular in the US about 2 years?

Correct. It took us way too long to catch on. Even now, some people fail to comprehend ITIL being an IT service management FRAMEWORK. It's not meant to be followed to the letter.
    allout.gif
    WGU - Master of Science, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    Completed: JIT2, TFT2, VLT2, C701, C702, C706, C700, FXT2
    In Progress: C688
    Remaining: LQT2
    Aristotle wrote:
    For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Honestly, I don't think there's any value in these certs.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    charlemagnecharlemagne Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have heard of these exams and EXIN. Actually, there are some certifications that I know aren't worthless and are known (albeit in very specific sectors) but was told "never heard of it" when I inquired here. The one I inquired about is very well known by the two people that matter: The individuals that would potentially be my employer. Doesn't matter what those that are not going to be signing my paycheck think but, rather, what a potential employer thinks of any exam or certification (be they known or only by a few).

The ITMP is an exam covering the major IT frameworks, models and methodologies. I did a quick search and found some information on the exam. All from EXIN's web site (LOL) which I wouldn't say is the most objective opinion since it's one of their exams. Spend your money on what you wish but I would not take any of these unless I knew a potential employer liked it. Just my opinion.