Options

After taking my ICND 1 Exam I have..

craigaaroncraigaaron Member Posts: 132
Passed with 812 :D so i am rather happy! i used chris Bryant vidoes and ICND 1 cisco press book
Currently Studying: CCNP Security
300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
300-208 - TBC
300-210 - TBC

Comments

• Options
    ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    congrats!
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • Options
    thall860thall860 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats awesome! Congrats
    Had all of my WGU courses but too much to keep up on. I am working at it, will let you know when finished.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!

You used the exact same two sources that I used. I really like the Bryant materials.
    Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!! What did you think of the exam?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    mallyg27mallyg27 Member Posts: 139
    Congrats. I thought the passing grade was 85% though.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! Good work.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!!!!!
  • Options
    thanks everyone, I really like the Bryant materials. the passmark was 804 not too sure on what percentage that is
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • Options
    beginner_ccnabeginner_ccna Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulations dude

im currently studying for the ccent and am using cbt nuggets and sybex book

would u recommend using the chris bryant vidoes over cbt nuggets? ive been on the website ($25 Cisco CCENT Certification Exam Training 640-822 Study Guides) and its only $25, surely a steal at this price?
  • Options
    ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    congrats!
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • Options
    congratulations dude

im currently studying for the ccent and am using cbt nuggets and sybex book

would u recommend using the chris bryant vidoes over cbt nuggets? ive been on the website ($25 Cisco CCENT Certification Exam Training 640-822 Study Guides) and its only $25, surely a steal at this price?

I think it comes down to opinion, I find Chris’s resources really good and understandable for me, plus you get a guide also and can download all the videos for your own reference, all for $97
    I have looked at CBT stuff, I find Jeremy sometimes is lacking in the detail but in some cases you can grasp the concepts easier.
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Don't take your foot off the pedal. Keep the momentum up and crush ICND2 while the ICND1 material is still fresh.
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    spicy ahi wrote: »
    Congrats! Don't take your foot off the pedal. Keep the momentum up and crush ICND2 while the ICND1 material is still fresh.

Thats the plan, what are you currently working towards? and did you take the two exam paths? if so how long did it take you to study for both exams?
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • Options
    I went the two exam path because I was currently sitting in a jr. network position at the time and they wanted a cisco-type cert for me to be in the position. So I earned the CCENT to secure my job and proceeded to bomb the ICND2 twice ncool.gif CCENT took oh, maybe a month or so (mostly because I was working in a networking shop) and ICND2 took 3 months or so. As for what I'm working now, I just passed CCNA Security last week (needed to renew my CCNA) and I followed my own advice and didn't take my foot off the pedal. I registered to take the CISSP exam in April. Not quite sure what I'll do if I pass the CISSP though; those two certs were my priorities for '12.
  • Options
    Congratulations on the pass!!! What did you think of the exam?

Overall i thought it was good, alot of different topics and styles, i like it, while thinking about things i found the hardest topic for me was Wan stuff, and remember the correct way to subnet. how are you progressing for your ICND 2?
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • Options
    spicy ahi wrote: »
    I went the two exam path because I was currently sitting in a jr. network position at the time and they wanted a cisco-type cert for me to be in the position. So I earned the CCENT to secure my job and proceeded to bomb the ICND2 twice ncool.gif CCENT took oh, maybe a month or so (mostly because I was working in a networking shop) and ICND2 took 3 months or so. As for what I'm working now, I just passed CCNA Security last week (needed to renew my CCNA) and I followed my own advice and didn't take my foot off the pedal. I registered to take the CISSP exam in April. Not quite sure what I'll do if I pass the CISSP though; those two certs were my priorities for '12.

Alot of people are taking the CISSP, what is it all about? and how long you been doing it for?
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • Options
    craigaaron wrote: »
    Alot of people are taking the CISSP, what is it all about? and how long you been doing it for?

CISSP is the mother of all information security certifications. It's like the CCIE of information security. I've been studying off and on for about 7 months now as it was always something I wanted to do but now that I've moved into a Security Engineer position, I figure now would be a perfect opportunity to close the deal. I would have started focusing on this cert earlier but I got a nastygram from Cisco telling me my CCNA was going to expire in 90 days so I found a happy medium and went the CCNA Security route. I renewed my CCNA and got a little bit of security-focused studies in to boot. :)
  • Options
    goalied00dgoalied00d Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I too am using Chris Bryant's CCNA package from his website. I've gone through a couple sections and I'm doing pretty well with the included practice exam. Would you recommend another practice exam or was his sufficient?
  • Options
    i didnt use the the practice exam, i was using the boson one :)which i found alot harder than the real ICND 1
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • Options
    Aman_sainiAman_saini Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats again and i am happy for you