Options

Pass 70-270...barely ;)

whaydenwhayden Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed 70-270 today with a 700, ouch icon_sad.gif. Oh well a pass is a pass. Now I can concentrate on stuff I actually enjoy working on like Windows Server 2003 :).
"I plan to be studying for my next cert when I am on my deathbed in the hospital."

-BeachTech_

Comments

• Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    CONGRATULATIONS icon_eek.gif close one though!

I'm disliking Server 2003 big time!

http://spaces.msn.com/members/hturtlegirl73/
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    Thanks, Well luckily I really enjoying working on server/networking stuff. Also I was fortunate to take a class at college last semester that the book was based on the 70-290 test. So I am not too worry about that one. Not sure about the 70-291. What kinda of time frame are you studying for 70-290? I am hoping to take it in about 3 weeks. Also I noticed you had Security + certification, how difficult is that one compare to the other comptia test?

Thanks
    "I plan to be studying for my next cert when I am on my deathbed in the hospital."

-BeachTech_
  • Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I found the Security + exam very easy as it was my field. Out of all the exams, I have to say that I did'nt enjoy the Microsoft one. I used mainly Transcender as practice exams for all of them.

Good luck for 291.

I've always been an xp girl, so server came as quite a shock. icon_eek.gif

I'm using the Sybex and Ms press books for server 2003. I'm finding the Sybex easier than the Ms Press one.

All exams are hard to some degree, it depends how much study and hands on experience you have.

Comptia exams are ok.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/hturtlegirl73/
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!

-BeachTech_
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    WOWWWWWWWWWWWW After a long time i see that score again.

CONGRATZ!!!!
  • Options
    StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    yes, I didn't like studying for the 70-270 at all. I actually failed the first time I wrote the exam. I am basically just using Transcender now to cram for my retry. I found it would be unbearable to have to go through the $MS Pressbook again. Any suggestions as to what else I should be studying?
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Congrats....you need to really know server 2003 concepts. Its a foundation for all subsequent exams. That is the ms way of doing it. I didnt wanted to jump of the 2003 bandwagon so I decide to stay on 2000 and finish up and then do the upgrade exams...3 more to go...next one is scheduled for 5/28...not going to school for this though...Im going to the school of self-study!
    What next?
  • Options
    Not sure if I can give you good advice but here I go ;). Anyways, I had the Sybex, passport, and exam cram 2 books. The passport book questions/answers are too easy and will make you feel over confident for the test. Sybex book questions are pretty close to the level of what I encountered on the test. The exam cram questions in the book were close to the same difficult level of the test. The CD questions that came with Exam Cram were not tough, way too easy. The point is that the questions on the test were alot harder and more detailed then any of the questions I faced in the books that I read. The Sybex book is probably the best for learning and I really don't have a answer for you on good pratice questions because all the pratice ones I tried were too easy.

-BeachTech_
  • Options
    jmc is exactly right, The test might say Windows XP but you how it interacts with a domain environment. Like group polices, sec templates, share/ntfs permissions, IIS, and etc.

Good luck on the retake!

-BeachTech_
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Super job on the pass! Talk about a close score! Someone was watching over you their! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    Thanks you for the tips whayden and jmc ... I am hoping I will pass this time ...
  • Options
    mark_pizamark_piza Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pass is a pass! Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Have been studyin on and off for 3 weeks for 70-270, using ms press sybex and transcender, how do i know if i am ready for exam.
    I want to sit it anyway and hope that i dont get questions on my weak points. Exam is tomorow

Will i get any questions related to server 2003 cos some of the test questions refer to to it?

Lee H
  • Options
    Was there a practical or simulation on this exam?
  • Options
    There were no simulation Q's on my exam. But I would strongly recommend that you take some more time and study really hard for the exam. I did what you are planning to do in that I sat the exam before I was ready and I failed the exam. If you don't have a working experience with win xp and a server, I guarantee you will fail the exam if you go ahead with it.
  • Options
    I passed with a 731, must have been a lucky set of questions, onto server 2003
  • Options
    congratulations!
  • Options
    Thankx

When is your exam date, do u need any study material

Lee
  • Options
    Later this week or early next week. As for study material, I have enough of them; I just have to start studying them. Thanks for asking though!