Options

What are some good free practice exams for the 640-816 exam?

diddyjamesdiddyjames Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've taken it twice and they're asking some hard questions and I have no real examples in my Todd Lammle book. Thanks in advance!

I made a 720 the last time I took the exam. icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've tried free exams, but they don't quite give the same sensation. After taking (failing) the exam, I can tell you the Boson, given the cost, is still the best I've found. It's hard too, which is a good thing.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I've used both Boson and Transcender and while they are not free, they are the ones that I would suggest. And, yes, I would choose Boson if I could only buy one.
  • Options
    impzimpz Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the boson exams that came with the Wendell Odom book. Thought that they were pretty comprehensive. I really enjoyed the questions since the they do not tell you exactly how much answers are required, which to me, is a bonus since it really tests whether you know it or not, rather than allowing you to use the process of elimination to get it correct.

Back when I took my CCNA exams, alot of people claimed that the Boson Ex-Sim Max exam pack was a good benchmark for whether you would pass the real exam or not but I just couldn't justify its cost so I just did all the ICND1 and ICND2 questions from the Odom books and went ahead to take the CCNA composite exam and I passed :D
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I used the Boson Ex-Sim Max practice exams for all three CCNP exams, and I would HIGHLY recommend them, especially the one for the TSHOOT.
  • Options
    seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey now, I'm on the Boson ExSim-Max practice exam bandwagon. I purchased the practice exam for ICND2 last night. And I see why they are head and shoulders above the rest. I have had my fair share of trouble passing ICND2. Boson closely mirrors the ICND2. But best of all, I like the fact that Boson goes into extensive detail as to why an answer is correct and why the other choices are incorrect. If you can afford it then by all means consider it.
    ~ Sean