Options

Ok this is thee weirdest IT company I have ever interviewed for.

carajeancarajean Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
OK so I apply for a help desk position by emailing a guy from Vdart INC. He got back to me in a couple hours with a phone call. I answered some basic do you know tech questions. He proceeds to tell me he will set up a phone interview with his client HCL America for the nect day at noon. Noon the next day comes and goes I email him and he said he was sorry and there was a mix up. So he reschedules for the next day same time. Again they were two hours late but he interview seemed like it went well. Then two hours later a very HEAVILY accented indian man calls me about a face to face interview. I said I was available Tuesday but he mentioned no time I was suppose to be there or even asked what time I could be there. There he said I will do some DNA test and background check. Then when I get home I got the job offer salary thing I will post the picture mind you this is a help desk position in Michigan. Im a bit sceptical just by how fast things are moving they evan gave me a start date of March 20th. This will be my first tech job in a long time I have been wanting to get anywhere near tech for the last 5 years and dont wanna get my hopes to high for this to be fake. Also I will link the glassdoor.com reviews of the company. I just need fellow tech people to give me their opinion.Side note I will be doing help desk for them but for a local energy company.

HCL America Reviews | Glassdoor

Comments

• Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Background test I can see, but DNA? Why???
  • Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Background test I can see, but DNA? Why???

He meant drug test. I wouldn't deal with this company simply because they are aren't Americans. They are 100% Indian and based over in India, except for contract workers they hire for jobs here, so there would be problems galore in having to deal with them.
  • Options
    TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    Sounds fishy. I'd pass even though it looks good.
  • Options
    bud08bud08 Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    He meant drug test. I wouldn't deal with this company simply because they are aren't Americans. They are 100% Indian and based over in India, except for contract workers they hire for jobs here, so there would be problems galore in having to deal with them.

Waffles is right. They are legit but ethnocentric. Everyone in a higher position is Indian and they NEVER promote otherwise. Their pay is shitty too.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    They are 100% Indian and based over in India,

So you're saying they do Dell's Tech Support? icon_cool.gif
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, pass on this one.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    DNA test lol....

"uh ya so aside from 4 professional references we are going to need a vial of your blood"
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    Yeah it does sound good. I'm gonna go for the face to face just because I'm off and out that way. Yeah I would like it if they weren't all indian. A friend of mine is in the same situation except an indian company bought the company je works for and is slowly transitioning to all indian based.
  • Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    Depends, if you need something NOW to hold you over for something better give it a try. As far as the DNA test goes, probably meant something like drug test (as mentioned), though you said energy company. There could be a federal requirement to put DNA on file for employees in energy (like they do for other federal positions and military)...
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    Well here is the thing. I have a job but I'm commuting 2.5 hours a day this job would be only 20 minutes away.
  • Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    VAHokie56 wrote: »
    DNA test lol....

"uh ya so aside from 4 professional references we are going to need a vial of your blood"

At least they didn't ask for something else... icon_surprised.gif
  • Options
    archimedesarchimedes Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think he might have meant NDA instead of DNA.

And the company is very legit. But, as others have said, I don't think it will be the best experience for you if you are looking for growth.
  • Options
    XiaoTechXiaoTech Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You know, if they want you to work in India, it might be possible they want you tested for AIDS. I know that's why its required in Korea.
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    carajean wrote: »
    OK so I apply for a help desk position by emailing a guy from Vdart INC. He got back to me in a couple hours with a phone call. I answered some basic do you know tech questions. He proceeds to tell me he will set up a phone interview with his client HCL America for the nect day at noon. Noon the next day comes and goes I email him and he said he was sorry and there was a mix up. So he reschedules for the next day same time. Again they were two hours late but he interview seemed like it went well. Then two hours later a very HEAVILY accented indian man calls me about a face to face interview. I said I was available Tuesday but he mentioned no time I was suppose to be there or even asked what time I could be there. There he said I will do some DNA test and background check. Then when I get home I got the job offer salary thing I will post the picture mind you this is a help desk position in Michigan. Im a bit sceptical just by how fast things are moving they evan gave me a start date of March 20th. This will be my first tech job in a long time I have been wanting to get anywhere near tech for the last 5 years and dont wanna get my hopes to high for this to be fake. Also I will link the glassdoor.com reviews of the company. I just need fellow tech people to give me their opinion.Side note I will be doing help desk for them but for a local energy company.

HCL America Reviews | Glassdoor

You live in Michigan, correct? I sent you a PM of a recruiter that I know via my llinkedin account that recruits for IT jobs in Michigan. good luck
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hahaha, at the very bottom of that image it says:
    Love Ur Life, Ur life will love u back
    Doesn't sound very professional at all.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    Hahaha, at the very bottom of that image it says:

Doesn't sound very professional at all.

That's some deep stuff though, man. I can feel the good vibes flowing through me just reading that statement.
  • Options
    Ok so update they postponed the face to face to 2-22. Also I finally sent the forms to them and they sent me more background verification forms. They had not sent me the address and with whom im interviewing with as of early this afternoon. I sent them a email saying basically I wont be filling out any more forms until I had a address and person and time. He contacted me within 2 hours saying he was gonna send it out and all that which he finally did. Its all so weird and crazy but I have nothing to lose so why not. Funny thing is my interview is at the same place a friend of mines works. Energy company.
  • Options
    srilathasayssrilathasays Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you join the company you will **** up your life.they say you get the contract to hire position with hcl .during the contract period they wont pay your hard eanrned monet and the 6 months over the hcl says there is no full time opportunity.

If you join vdart inc you will screw up your life.

These people are worst than beggars.beggars beg these people rob the consultant.