Options

Youtube video downloader for business

kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone know of a youtube video downloader that does not have any third party spyware crap built in (opencandy). We need something that is reliable and isn't going to install a bunch of crap on the computer. Also no website downloaders as they use Java which is very easy to exploit. We are willing to spend money if need be.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
  • Options
    killwarkillwar Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    YouTube Downloader

That one seems to do what i was looking for but just make sure you don't download the other piece of software
    (video player) they display on their site, too much commercial advertisements from this one on your screen if i remember... better get VLC or something similar to playback.
  • Options
    thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone know of a youtube video downloader that does not have any third party spyware crap built in (opencandy). We need something that is reliable and isn't going to install a bunch of crap on the computer. Also no website downloaders as they use Java which is very easy to exploit. We are willing to spend money if need be.

Thanks in advance.

im not sure what you are up to but, did you try the one by Moyea?
    Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

• Options
    thedrama wrote: »
    im not sure what you are up to but, did you try the one by Moyea?

Our offices in Japan want to be able to download videos off youtube for business purposes. Atleast thats what they say and my boss said find something that can do that that isn't malware/spyware and something that isn't a website using java to convert. I don't use software for this so I don't know whats really out there that is safe for corporate workstations.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Can you put Firefox on workstations? If they just want to do an occasional video, there are a plethora of add-ons to Firefox that would do the job. I use DownloadHelper and it works on Youtube as well as most other embedded videos. As far as doing a batch of videos, such as an entire Youtube channel - there is software for that which I believe was posted further up but I tried it once (pretty sure it was the same one) and it was pretty awful. If it's just an occasional video they would want to snag, I'd check out using an add-on for either FF or Chrome if they would fit into your companies policies.
  • Options
    I guess I should have specified for IE only sorry guys.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    You know that unless you're downloading videos you uploaded that this against YouTube's TOS right? You'd be violating the video owner's copyrights.

Just want to put that out there....since I am surprised no one has. Carry on. icon_wink.gif
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I use Free Download Manager
    What is Free Download Manager? It is a powerful, easy-to-use and absolutely free download accelerator and manager. Moreover, FDM is 100% safe, open-source software distributed under GPL license.
  • Options
    SteveLord wrote: »
    You know that unless you're downloading videos you uploaded that this against YouTube's TOS right? You'd be violating the video owner's copyrights.

Just want to put that out there....since I am surprised no one has. Carry on. icon_wink.gif

We make a lot of videos here and post them on youtube so they probably want to just be able to download them rather than ask people here for them. That or they are downloading for personal use but who knows.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers: