CUCM 8.5 no CUC or business option on install

I'm trying to install cuc and or the business edition into vmware 7. I've managed to get just CUCM going no problem however when I boot the ISO I get no option for cuc or the business edition. I downloaded the iso from cisco.com and made it bootable UCSInstall_UCOS_8.5.1.12900-7.sgn.iso

My understanding was I need enough rescources made available for it to allow the install.

I've allocated 3 gigs of ram dual cpu and 200 gigs of HD space. Is that not enough or do I need a different file?

Thanks!

Comments

• Timber WolfTimber Wolf Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you will need to enable more then 3 gigs of ram to get the CUC and business edition available. Sometimes its a matter of just incrementing resources until the options appear.
    WGU BS IT - Security
    Need to complete: CSV1 BOV1 RIT1 BNC1 KET1 TPV1 MGC1 CJV1 KFT1 CNV1 SBT1 RGT1
    Completed: CUV1 CTV1
    Transferred: CVV1 DJV1 IWT1 IWC1 BVC1 QLT1 DHV1 HHT1 GAC1 DFV1 INT1 INC1 CPV1 AXV1 QBT1 LUT1 LAE1 CLC1 BBC1 AGC1 WFV1 CQV1 COV1
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CUCM-BE is a bit of a hog, it wants 6G of RAM (and I think 2 vCPU) to install, though this can possibly tuned down after its running. Also CUCM-BE v8.5.1 does not include the RTMT, you'll need to get this from vanilla CUCM if needed.
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    Cool thanks guys....

Looks like I'm ordering more ram today....

I had bought a laptop last week to run it but an amd e350 laptop with 3 gigs of ram was no match for CUCM (it installed but was dead slow). I returned that yesterday and picked up an intel i3 380 laptop with 4 gigs of ram and it seems to run cucm just fine. May as well max it out at 8 gigs and see where I get.

Along the same lines...

Is running two VM's to get call manager and voicemail less or more resource intensive on the same machine than running business in one to get both?

Cheers!
  • jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    tha_dub wrote: »
    Is running two VM's to get call manager and voicemail less or more resource intensive on the same machine than running business in one to get both?

Cheers!

It will be about the same. As stated earlier, CUCM BE needs 6 gigs, 2 cores, and 250gb hdd space in order to install. I needed around the same for separate CUCM (1 core, 2gb ram, 72gb hdd) and CUC installations. (1 core, 4gb ram, 160gb hdd)
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would keep the VMs separate – Chances are you’re going to be spending much more time with CUCM then CUC. With separate machines you can just suspend Unity when not needed – and not worry about too much of a performance hit should you have the need for 2 CUCM servers running (Publisher and Subscriber).
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    pitviper wrote: »
    I would keep the VMs separate – Chances are you’re going to be spending much more time with CUCM then CUC. With separate machines you can just suspend Unity when not needed – and not worry about too much of a performance hit should you have the need for 2 CUCM servers running (Publisher and Subscriber).

Good point!

I think I may need to buy another laptop when I get to that point. I may have trouble explaining it to my wife. She thought it was a good idea when, "we" sere getting a new laptop. That went south pretty quick ;)