Options

What's your oldest email address?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I have an AOL one I still use when I was 18 years old. My email is seriously 18 years old icon_lol.gif. lOf course I have a professional one now that I created 5+ years ago. I'm just curious, mine is closing in on 20 years!

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My oldest email is around 10-12 years, but I only use it for some older things. It is mostly spam.

My current address is about 5 or 6 years old.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I had an AOL account from 1995 - 2000something so it was probably close to 10 years. My current one has only been around since 2007/2008 (I purchased a domain before my wife and I got married. My grand scheme was to have a website where people could get our wedding info. That never happened).
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    angel.oaangel.oa Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2007, not that old but still
    Currently reading :study:

Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)
    Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide
    JNCIA - Junos Study Guide - Parts 1 & 2
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've had an MSN account since 2002. I don't think I've used it since about 2005 or 2006. Somewhere in there I got a yahoo for professional matters and Gmail for personal, back when the beta was relatively new.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    nycidnycid Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i have a yahoo account that is close to 16 years old. It's got about 40K+ spam emails in there currently. Occasionally when I sign up for something I'll go and clean it out...
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Out of the ones I currently use, my yahoo account. After that, I have two .edu accounts that I have from WGU and NJIT that I use for different purposes (both of them are powered by gmail) plus a gmail account that I opened up just for my android phone. But my yahoo account is primetime. I don't even bother with the email account from my personal ISP (I learned awhile ago never to be too attached to that....at least with yahoo, I'll have that for life.)
  • Options
    WhiteoutWhiteout Member Posts: 248
    Hmm lets see here.

AOL = 1998ish
    Yahoo = 2000ish
    Comcast = 2002 (Got cable!)
    CWU.edu = 2006
    Google = 2008ish
    Gebbey.com (my domain) = 2009
    us.af.mil = 2010
    WGU.edu = 2011

So their is my exciting tale of email address's! I use the last 4 accounts fairly often, the rest are full of thousands of spam. I use them when I have to sign up for something I don't want bogging down one of my active accounts.
    Never stop learning.
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hotmail, opened in 1998, still active (but not primary)
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hotmail - around 2000
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    We had a 'family address' when my parents bought a computer back in the 90's, I believe it was from AOL. The first email address that was truly my own a hotmail address I still use to this day. I believe I signed up for it back in 1998 or 1999, I can't quite remember.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    jody7734jody7734 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I still have an active aol address from 1992 when I was also 18. I was so cool among my geek friends with my V.Fast 28.kbps modem.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I still have my original Rocketmail account from 1995. Even after Yahoo acquired them in 1997 I was able to keep my id and all emails.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Probably my first GMail account opened in '04. I had a hotmail account which would have been much older, but I'm sure it's long been pruned.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I have my AOL that is about 15 years old now (had since I was 13). I remember when you'd get email...and there was almost no spam out there so it was almost always from someone you knew.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    SteveLord wrote: »
    I have my AOL that is about 15 years old now (had since I was 13). I remember when you'd get email...and there was almost no spam out there so it was almost always from someone you knew.

That's funny but true.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    SteveLord wrote: »
    It's funny how it goes, and it pops up on almost all communications-mediums. Snail-mail, the telephone, fax, and then email and instant messaging services: it started out as a basic means of communication, then people started figuring out that you could blast out junk-messages to the masses to advertise yourself. Hell, I've even started getting more and more spam-texts on my phone in the last couple of years, so it looks like I'm not safe anywhere. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have my AOL email address from like 1994 that still works. Hotmail from a couple of years after that (still use that one occasionally).
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    blargoe wrote: »
    I have my AOL email address from like 1994 that still works. Hotmail from a couple of years after that (still use that one occasionally).

That's funny. Hotmail before it went "LIVE" icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Umm not sure exactly, around 1996 I opened my Hotmail account (before it was MSN hotmail) and it is still my primary account. So about 16years old

I do have a yahoo and gmail account, but only use them for specifice tasks.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    ChooseLife wrote: »
    Hotmail, opened in 1998, still active (but not primary)

^Same here
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've got an MSN email from around 2000.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Juno, and I think that says it all... ;)
  • Options
    dustinmurphydustinmurphy Member Posts: 170
    Hotmail account - had since 1996. Use it for signing up for things... for SPAM messages to go to
    Cox account - had since 2005-ish

I've had others throughout the years, but those are the only 2 I still use.
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    I created my Yahoo back in 2002 then a friend of my sent me a gmail invite in 2004.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    apr911apr911 Member Posts: 380 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My oldest still active email account is my MSN account which was opened in Nov. 2001

Of course I have a ton of defunct addresses as Ive at various times had different ISPs, domains and other services... I cant remember most of them, heck and can barely remember all my active email addresses... Oldest email I had though would be prodigy circa 1993/1994.
    Currently Working On: Openstack
    2020 Goals: AWS/Azure/GCP Certifications, F5 CSE Cloud, SCRUM, CISSP-ISSMP
  • Options
    jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A while back I got an email from Yahoo thanking me for 10yrs of using their email service....lol I think I have a hotmail account that's older, but I haven't used it in ages.
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hotmail account, from Dec 1, 2000. I remember creating this account like it was yesterday, time flies.
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had a hotmail address that I recently just closed. I opened it up in 97 or 98 I believe. I only closed it due to me being spammed and I never used it. I went over to Gmail in '04.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My oldest ACTIVE email address is my AOL (probably filled with spam) and Hotmail one, I usually use for general email and email from social websites. I do have older email addresses that are no longer active from Yahoo and Optonline. I also have two dated Gmail accounts from when it was invite only, still use them today for current emails
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Oldest still active is my Yahoo from ~1996. I had an @music.com address, can't remember if that was older or not, from the 90's for sure. They closed down their e-mail service. 1st e-mail address would have been from the early 90's, local BBS turned ISP. It's no longer around.