Options

I would like to know what book you used or are using for A+?

marzmegamarzmega Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Im using Mike Meyers "All in one complete guide for A+"
I am thinking of buying his passport book for A+. what do you think.
A+

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i would suggest getting your second book by a different author. that way you will get things described differently. i suggest examcram2 or a sybex book.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    paul_douglas_83paul_douglas_83 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed using Mike Myers all in one and just summed up all the chapters into a few notes, I passed the Hardware exam first time but failed the O/S ... then passed that second time! Ive not had a look at the passport books, but if your good at note taking, you shouldnt need them!

Good luck for the exam!

Paul :P
  • Options
    PaisleyskyePaisleyskye Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Whether or not you use the Passport book, I would definitely recomend using at least two books to prepare for the exam.
    Peace Out!
    Paisleyskye

Icertify.net
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    I used the A+ Adaptive Exams by Christopher Crayton. I thought it was very thorough and pretty much told me everything I needed to know in order to pass the test. However, as bellboy stated, Exam Cram is a very good series and I have used it for all of my other certifications. I've never used Sybex, at least yet, mainly because I'm not willing to read 1000 pages icon_lol.gif . But I'll most likely be using Sybex for the CCNA.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    trick000trick000 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    marzmega wrote:
    Im using Mike Meyers "All in one complete guide for A+"
    I am thinking of buying his passport book for A+. what do you think.

Since you already have a good book, you should get the trascender practice exams here http://www.transcender.com. Or you can get the voucher and the transcender exams and save some money here http://www.getcertified4less.com.
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Tcat Houser has a great pair of ebooks for each A+ exam.

Send an email to his autoresponder at a+ebooks@tcat.net
    You will get a reply with links to the books you can download in .PDF format. ExamInsight should be read first-- it will take you through the objectives. ExamWise is a TON of questions where you get 3 or 4 at once, followed by answers and explanations (to reduce scrolling). If you know the material when you do EW, you will have no problem with the tests.

These ebooks are 400+ pages each. A great companion to any study text. And free. :)
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    marzmegamarzmega Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lazyart wrote:
    Tcat Houser has a great pair of ebooks for each A+ exam.

Send an email to his autoresponder at a+ebooks@tcat.net
    You will get a reply with links to the books you can download in .PDF format. ExamInsight should be read first-- it will take you through the objectives. ExamWise is a TON of questions where you get 3 or 4 at once, followed by answers and explanations (to reduce scrolling). If you know the material when you do EW, you will have no problem with the tests.

These ebooks are 400+ pages each. A great companion to any study text. And free. :)

Hey thanks these helped alot. Does he have a free one for Network+?
    A+
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    i used exam cram2.. only book i needed to pass the exam.. i did alot of online practice exams..
  • Options
    I don't think the Network+ guides are free.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    tcat offered an "unmasked version" of his subliminal network+ mp3 at one point.

(do you think that it's the same guides that tcat offers for nothing via his email link that are offered with the exam vouchers?)

i used the original examcram book for my a+ and felt, at the time, that a little hands-on was enough to secure a pass.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    Is the Net+ guide free with the vouchers? The A+ guides were awesome.

I exchanged emails with Tcat recently. He's a pretty cool dude.