AD CS in Server Core Installation

AnFgarAnFgar Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi. This is my first post. I'm studying for the 70-640 certification and I'm using the Microsoft Press Book.

On page 23 is described the Server Core and one role supported is Active Directory Certificate Services.

I kept reading and when I did the review test there was this question:

You want to add Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) to the server. What must
you do?

I said: "Install the Active Directory Certificate Services role"

But, in the answer session of the book I found this:

AD CS is not supported on Server Core, so you must reinstall the server with
the full installation of Windows Server 2008 R2.

Can anybody help me please?

I don't understand. I'll keep searching on the Internet...

Bye

Comments

• vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The only ways to install AD CS on Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core is using VBScript or PowerShell. Did the questions give you an option for an answer like this? If not, could be a typo/error in the book.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    ADCS is supported on R2 Core, but not completely. Only the CA itself is support but additional services such as Web Enrollment and OCSP are not available.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • AnFgarAnFgar Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    vCole wrote: »
    The only ways to install AD CS on Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core is using VBScript or PowerShell. Did the questions give you an option for an answer like this? If not, could be a typo/error in the book.

Thank's for yor fast answer.

No, they don't give that kind of option.
  • AnFgarAnFgar Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for your answers.
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is only possible in Server 2008R2 core, Server 2008 core does not support it. do an oclist command the role is not available