Options

Starting MSISA- March 2012 - Anyone else ?

ctxctx Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Folks,
I would be starting MSISA this march.
Any tips on the CU sequnce ?
Anyone else starting ?

Comments

• Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    Sadly... my transcripts got to them 2 days past the deadline, I must wait until April.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    calee63calee63 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had a horrible enrollment counselor so I missed the deadlines for March but now I should be on track for April as well.
  • Options
    jm0202jm0202 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey ctx was the readiness assessment hard?
    You are taking your MSISA at WGU right?
  • Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    calee63 wrote: »
    I had a horrible enrollment counselor so I missed the deadlines for March but now I should be on track for April as well.

I'm on my second one, Dan was my first but apparently no longer works there (or does but not as an enrollment councilor). He said as long as they got them before the 22nd he could make it happen. The new one called me and said sorry, deadline was the 15th and we got them on the 17th, you can start in April.

For the OP, from what I've read most people suggest following the WGU recommended CU order.

@jm0202, If you passed middle school you can pass the assessment.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    jm0202jm0202 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok Valsacar thanks
    Valsacar wrote: »
    I'm on my second one, Dan was my first but apparently no longer works there (or does but not as an enrollment councilor). He said as long as they got them before the 22nd he could make it happen. The new one called me and said sorry, deadline was the 15th and we got them on the 17th, you can start in April.

For the OP, from what I've read most people suggest following the WGU recommended CU order.

• Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ctx wrote: »
    Folks,
    I would be starting MSISA this march.
    Any tips on the CU sequnce ?
    Anyone else starting ?

ctx, welcome aboard! I started the MSISA program Feb 1st. I am following the CU sequence laid out by WGU.....most of the forum members recommend following WGU's CU sequence. Be prepared for a lot of reading and writing.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    calee63calee63 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Valsacar wrote: »

I had Robert as my first and I had zero contact with him even after I tried calling and emailing. I'm using VA and my new counselor said that it might take some time to get that cleared so we had to push back a month.
  • Options
    WhiteoutWhiteout Member Posts: 248
    Good luck to all starting soon. I started in January and deviated a little bit from the recommended CU plan. I took JFT2 first because I wanted to get it out of the way, glad I have it done now. Flying through LKT2, this class should only take me about 2 weeks vs 5 weeks for JFT2.
    Never stop learning.
  • Options
    Whiteout wrote: »
    Good luck to all starting soon. I started in January and deviated a little bit from the recommended CU plan. I took JFT2 first because I wanted to get it out of the way, glad I have it done now. Flying through LKT2, this class should only take me about 2 weeks vs 5 weeks for JFT2.

Hey Whiteout, I am working on JFT2 now...my first class...what a pain this one is!!!!! I plan to start LKT2 as soon as I finish JFT2.
  • Options
    WhiteoutWhiteout Member Posts: 248
    coffeeluvr wrote: »
    Hey Whiteout, I am working on JFT2 now...my first class...what a pain this one is!!!!! I plan to start LKT2 as soon as I finish JFT2.

Yeah, definitely a pain. I didn't like the material in the class, so I procrastinated doing the work and then when I did finally turn a task in I had to make revisions on it. Ha ha. LKT2 is much better, I enjoy the material and task 2 is actually kind of fun. So far I'm 2 - 0 on getting "Notice of Evaluation Completion" on the first time I turn the task in. Woot!

Don't procrastinate like I did, just get that class over with!
    Never stop learning.
  • Options
    pac1687pac1687 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I start March 1st as well. The enrollment process went smoothly, but it does take time for everything to be received and processed on WGU's end!
  • Options
    pac1687 wrote: »
    I start March 1st as well. The enrollment process went smoothly, but it does take time for everything to be received and processed on WGU's end!

Congrats!