Options

I am a CCNA now, passed :)

GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
I passed CCENT before ( 6 months before) but i decided to take CCNA now to repeat every topic from the beginning. 1 month of studying seriously and I got 894 :)

Now CCDA preparation will begin.

Comments

• Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow congrats.

How many hours did you study per day? It takes most people tops 1-3 months if they have full time jobs or are students. Not trying to say anything bad. Some people also just learn and understand things better than others. I guess already knowing CCENT must have been the breakthrough :)
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    I am a student, studying Computer Science. I have a lab at home. I can definitely say that lab is worth to have it. If you don't count the last 3 days, i was studying for 2 hours per day. ( last 3 days = 12 hours per day).

CCNA written by Todd Lammle ( read most of the chapters)
    Network Warrior by Gary Donabue ( quick glance)
    and CCNA study guide, written by AAron Balchunas ( OMG, definetely worth to read for the exam) avaliablefree at www.routeralley.com
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Gozcu,

Great job. Congratulations!

I wish you the best on your CCDA. I'm sure you have heard how "dry" the material is. I tried to ignore everyone and go for it anyway, but I found that it is very hard to focus and read the material. I read about 3 chapters and decided to change course and go for CCIP instead.

Good luck with it! Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Once again congrats on passing and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the awesome link
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Outstanding achievement...passing the CCNA these days is no easy feat. I've taken two versions now and the latest version is loads harder than the exam I passed back in '03.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    GOZCU wrote: »
    I am a student, studying Computer Science. I have a lab at home. I can definitely say that lab is worth to have it. If you don't count the last 3 days, i was studying for 2 hours per day. ( last 3 days = 12 hours per day).

CCNA written by Todd Lammle ( read most of the chapters)
    Network Warrior by Gary Donabue ( quick glance)
    and CCNA study guide, written by AAron Balchunas ( OMG, definetely worth to read for the exam) avaliablefree at www.routeralley.com

Congratulations!

The Aaron Balchunas' web site is a great resource. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    thank you all, I learn't a lot from here. I owe to this community so much. Cooperation always wins. I already purchased Official CCDA Cert guide. I hope it will be an interesting book to read. I will write about my CCDA process soon.
  • Options
    just_in_timejust_in_time Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats on your CCNA!

And best of luck on your CCDA too
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and best of luck with future studies.
  • Options
    ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    congrats!
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • Options
    Ola_CISCOOla_CISCO Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulationsicon_thumright.gif and good luck with the CCDA!
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass! Thanks for posting study material and good luck with the CCDA!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD