Mike Meyers security+ book?

normtnormt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Any one used this book? Be interested for opinions...
Elvis Lives!!! Thank you very much!!!

Comments

• qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I'm currently reading this book. It's not that great of a book. But I'm using it as a "prep book." When I'm done, I'm reading a thick Security+ DVD+Book Training guide which goes really in depth.

I first started to read the DVD+Book guide first but it was getting a bit confusing. Mostly when I moved into the wireless security chapter. So I decided to try this smaller book first, it's not as in depth but it will get you an understanding.

I currently have my network+, I most likely qualify for A+ so this is where I stand. You can compare yourself to that (which is a lot better by the looks of it.) Maybe you don't need this "prep book" like I do.

On the bonus side, it comes with 2 practice exams.
    Well, hope the information helped.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wasn't impressed with it. There are much better books out there that have more direction than this one.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • wickedkin6s44wickedkin6s44 Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I USED THAT BOOK AND ITS ACTUALLY PRETTY EASY READ JUST TO GET FAMILIAR WITH THE MATERIAL. THE CD IS A GREAT TEST TOOL.

ALSO TRY EXAM CRAM2
    STUDY NOTES FROM THIS SITE
    MIKE MYERS SECURITY+ BOOK & CD
    TESTOUT CD

GL BROTHER
  • normtnormt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cheers for all replies, on the basis of what was said, think I might skip it, have already got the exam cram & all in one guide, just that after buying them heard that they were not up to scratch.

Have got the CBT nuggets set, anyone think that this might make up for the books alleged weaknesses?
    Elvis Lives!!! Thank you very much!!!
  • New UserNew User Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm very interested in the answers to your question as well.

I'm using:
    All In One Security+ Certification
    Exam Cram 2 Security+
    Exam Cram 2 Security+ Practice Questions

Hope you don't mind me adding to your question but I'm wondering if simply using the Exam Cram 2 books would be sufficient?
  • ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    I used:

Mike Myers passport (pretty good for a final review & the practice tests)
    Security+ for dummies (REALLY GOOD! helped me pass the TICSA too)
    Security+ CBT Nuggets (pretty good, also helped on the TICSA)

I think that the mike myers Sec+ book (written by Treavor Kay) is not as good or in depth as the Net+ or A+ (both of which are really written by myers), however, it does have very good end of chapter exams and a good practice CD.

If i had to choose an all inclusive book for the Sec+ though, I would DEFINATELY go with Sec+ for dummies
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I used Sybex, Learnkey and CBT nuggets for this one. I also used 'Testout' for this exam, but the guy was a bit freaky in the video(well nervous!)

Good Luck
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!