Options

New to MCSE 2003, best kit ?

walid97walid97 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I am planing to start MCSE 2003 (first MCSA) in 2 weeks and I am planing to get a self-study kit for the 4 core MCSE exams.

What I want is an easy to read kit that contains a home lab setup so that I execute all the labs of the book using it. For example all the instructions on how to create a domain, DNS, AD..etc, at the beginning of the book in order to use this domain to complete the exercises.

Do you think that the Microsoft MCSE self-study 4-books package meets my points? coz I read some really negative opinions about it.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Options
    yang11yang11 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am just to start my self-learning of 293, 294, 297 and 298 to finish my MCSE 2003 Track.
  • Options
    yang11 wrote:
    I am just to start my self-learning of 293, 294, 297 and 298 to finish my MCSE 2003 Track.
    Did you use the Ms Press books?
    If so, were they good? did they have a lab setup?

Thanks
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Actually most books are the same, you will need additional info (testing questions or simulations). Once you have read and understand the material you need to test yourself. The first couple of exams are difficult in the sense that the material are new and hard to understand. After that, its more in depth of the same stuff.

Dont use brain **** to study...
    What next?
  • Options
    StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    Yes, MS press book does have lab guide. the last 40% of the book is prettymuch lab guide and practice Q's
  • Options
    Ok then, I will go for the MS press package !
    But what's scaring me is the number of negative reviews it got !!!
    Is it that bad ????