Options

WCS show what SSIDs a LWAPP is broadcasting

IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

In Cisco WCS, does anyone know how to show what SSIDs a LWAPP is broadcasting? I can see the SSIDs assigned to the group that the AP is a part of, but is there an easy way to see what SSID an LWAPP is broadcasting maybe using the MONITOR > MAP or anything?

Maybe there is an easier way than using WCS?

Thank you for your time,

Steve

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Under Controller configuration, expand WLANs. You can see the SSID associated with a profile name. Under AP groups, click on one of the group names and see what profile is associated with the APs. Each AP group can contain multiple profiles.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your response, Zartanasaurus.

I don't know if my thinking is weird since I'm still learning WCS, but when you add the SSID profiles to the AP group and assign that group to an AP or a set of APs, is there a way in WCS to acknowledge or prove that the AP(s) are indeed broadcasting the SSID(s) or does it just work?

I was hoping there would be a spot on the maps where you display the APs along with the SSIDs they are broadcasting. That way I can acknowledge in my mind that the AP is indeed broadcasting what it needs to be.

I'll keep on digging. Maybe through WCS, groups is the only way to check what SSID an AP is set to broadcast.

Thank you again for your help!